• ...and so much more!
  • Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Trijicon

Trijicon makes an amazing ACOG in 4x that would balance out great with the 308. You could possibly engage targets out to 700, maybe even 800 yards with that bad boy. Travis Haley at Magpul talks alot about having a sass barreled for 308 or 7.62, and how it helps pick up those 400 to 600 yard targets of opportunity. That being said, the 4x acog will give you the ability to engage from 200 all the way to 800 with the write set up.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    What are you looking to do with that? Long range or up close tactical type shooting?

Personally I like to reach out as far as I can with everything I've got so I'd at least try out a fixed 10x mildot and see what it'll do for accuracy and distance.

That is an awesome rifle. I want to read a range report about how well it shoots asap.

Thinking about some close up tactical shooting to start. Just to get to know her before I take her out for distance.

Thanks for the comments guys! I thought I would be stressing with selling off the SCAR but to be honest, I haven't even looked back :D.

I will be talking to my Father to see if this is one of the calibers he reloads. He has taken care of me so far with 556 and .45 ammo.

LMT is suppose to have extra barrels and calibers available for purchase soon for this weapon. Looks like im going to have to look for a few extra side-jobs to to get her done!

:rockwoot::ingo::rockwoot::patriot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Add me to the list of super envious INGOers! :D

If it were mine, I'd probably put on a fixed stock (probably and A2, but maybe a little shorter A1) and an ACOG.

And then I'd shoot the dickins out of that thing! Great looking boomstick!:ar15::ar15:

dmorrow23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I would put a long range scope and bi-pod and make it my sniper rifle, but thats just me. Nice gun. I'm in the market for an AR-15 but the .308's catch my eye here and there.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Range Time

Guys, I'm in love with her.....:D

Took her out to the gun club and sighted in my Aimpoint CompM4 where I believed it would hit and fired three (3) rounds @ 50 yards. The recoil was a non-issue, trigger was crisp, but after holding it on target for a while the weight (10+ lbs) was definately noticable. Guess im use to the weight of the AR/M4, but I can adjust.

Here is a picture of the first 3 rounds fired all in center mass. I only put 20 rounds down range today and used the grip-pod for the remainder. Not an single problem her. Pulled out one of the Colt 556's and let Jr. tear it up.

IMAG0052.jpg

Jr. shooting the Colt 6721

IMAG0065.jpg

Last edited:

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    LMT 308 mags are quite pricey at about $85.00. However Magpul makes them for about $20ish. I do not know on how they function but the rifle looks like it will eat from anything like Rosie O'Donnell.

Top Bottom