• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bankerken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    A stones throw from Michigan
    Got a new Mossberg 930. It's the model 85325 which comes with a 28" barrel and an 18 " barrel. I plan to use it for home defense with the 18" barrel and occasionally shoot some clays with the 28" barrel. I'm happy with the out of the box setup of this gun except for one thing. The shell capacity is 4+1. I see there are some aftermarket magazine extensions available. Has anyone had any experience with adding a magazine extension to a Mossy 930? Are they reliable? Do you need to permanently modify the gun? I appreciate any info.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got a new Mossberg 930. It's the model 85325 which comes with a 28" barrel and an 18 " barrel. I plan to use it for home defense with the 18" barrel and occasionally shoot some clays with the 28" barrel. I'm happy with the out of the box setup of this gun except for one thing. The shell capacity is 4+1. I see there are some aftermarket magazine extensions available. Has anyone had any experience with adding a magazine extension to a Mossy 930? Are they reliable? Do you need to permanently modify the gun? I appreciate any info.

The 930SPX uses the same tube with an extension and gives you 7+1.

EDIT: I take back saying it uses the same magazine, that should but I can't be sure.

Last edited:

bankerken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    A stones throw from Michigan
    I did a little research and found out the SPX has an extension that is manufactured by Chaote. There are Chaote extensions available through Midway for about $45.00. I don't know if it is the same one they make for the manufacturer. Anyone tried one of these?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom