Well, the 'no guns' cancer is spreading!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Stopped by my local employment office on the west side of Indy today. As I'm walking in, I notice a sign on the door that someone printed off from their computer. If I could figure out how to post the picture I took w/ my phone, I would. (See below, picture added w/ link... Thank you Annie for helping the technotard!)

"NO WEAPONS ALLOWED WITHIN STATE FACILITIES"

My 1st stop after dropping off the wife, was the Statehouse. Went in spoke w/ My State Senator's legislative assistant regarding this. Within in 1/2 hr, my Senator was calling me to discuss it. He was going to see if this was permitted or not. I mentioned to him that if these folks were trying to use the "rule" that was passed last year (or the one before), when the state gov't decided that we were untrustworthy to have guns, knives, pepper spray, etc. in the Statehouse & State Office Building & grounds, then how can we carry in state parks & the buildings there?

Mobile%20Uploads
    Here is the link, if the picture doesn't show;
    Mobile Uploads :: 1259090103.jpg picture by minutemandan - Photobucket

Last edited:

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Well if the let you carry weapons into the employment office it would take away their ability to be rude. They might move faster or not be so smug when helping you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sounds like someone is either ignorant of the law, making things up, or just plain lying.

Stopped by my local employment office on the west side of Indy today. As I'm walking in, I notice a sign on the door that someone printed off from their computer. If I could figure out how to post the picture I took w/ my phone, I would.

"NO WEAPONS ALLOWED WITHIN STATE FACILITIES"

My 1st stop after dropping off the wife, was the Statehouse. Went in spoke w/ My State Senator's legislative assistant regarding this. Within in 1/2 hr, my Senator was calling me to discuss it. He was going to see if this was permitted or not. I mentioned to him that if these folks were trying to use the "rule" that was passed last year (or the one before), when the state gov't decided that we were untrustworthy to have guns, knives, pepper spray, etc. in the Statehouse & State Office Building & grounds, then how can we carry in state parks & the buildings there?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I'm suprised a State Senator is actually looking into it.

I know what you mean! I've told several folks that I have some political aspirations, but do not intend to run against 'my guys' (State Sen/Rep) as I like them!:yesway::yesway:

My Sen is particularly Constitutionally minded.

As far as my National (un)Rep. Andre Carson, well he's just another :nuts: liberal.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I equate the sign with the tri-axle trucks stating that they 'are not responsible for broken windshields'.
    Anyone can post discouraging signs. Backing them up is where they fail.

It's hardly an official document stuck on the window. But I would like to hear from a higher authority than a managing clerk of any state office building. State employees do have fragile egos, so power trips tend to soothe them.

Top Bottom