• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well, put it on lay-a-way at least. Local LGS got in a real nice 1954 model a while back and I have been fighting the urge to expand my Communist Block collection. Broke down today and grabbed it. It is getting hard to find nice clean CZ-52's and most are a bit overpriced. Came with three mags total for $300 which wasn't too bad IMHO. Will try to add a pic when I have it in hand. Already ordered a case of Red Army Standard ammo and a few more mags. I now look forward to some hyper velocity Czech sweetness!

I can already feel the growing urge for a Romanian TT-C and definitely a Radom PPS43 if it could be found.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Interesting guns, but I have to admit buying one years ago just to shoot up ammo that I thought was too strong for the brooms.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I had a near mint 54 dated pistol in my collection. Shot it a few times with some Czech surplus 52 dated ammo, and it functioned flawless. I ended up selling it to a buddy due to the dearth of affordable ammunition. The actual shooting experience was very good for a comblock pistol though - Recoil was similar to a 9mm, and the trigger was actually decent.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am definitely late to the communist party for the cheap ammo. But at $0.34/round, it's on par with steel case .45 acp. Not going to blast thousands of rounds anyway.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    got to have the pair, handgun and carbine using the same cartridge...

papacz-1.jpg

decent sights help as well, so does a trigger kit from Harrington Products CZ-52 Firing Pins

cz52z.jpg

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Been wanting one of those for a while, seems like the supply is drying up maybe?

It is and the cheap ammo has dried up as well. I bought enough 7.62X25 surplus to insure my grandkids would still be blasting away years from now back when it was pennies a round. The guns were under a hundred bucks back then as well. The PPSh were never very cheap but how can you say no to a gun that uses a 71 round drum...especially when said drums were selling for $100 for 5 of them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, put it on lay-a-way at least. Local LGS got in a real nice 1954 model a while back and I have been fighting the urge to expand my Communist Block collection. Broke down today and grabbed it. It is getting hard to find nice clean CZ-52's and most are a bit overpriced. Came with three mags total for $300 which wasn't too bad IMHO. Will try to add a pic when I have it in hand. Already ordered a case of Red Army Standard ammo and a few more mags. I now look forward to some hyper velocity Czech sweetness!
    Cool guns. Getting the barrel out without pinching a finger is the tricky part. For me, the grip is a bit to big so I shoot TT's instead when I want to make a blast.

I can already feel the growing urge for a Romanian TT-C and definitely a Radom PPS43 if it could be found.
    Hmmm... you don't say...

Top Bottom