Went to buy one gun and left with another!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    I had decided to buy a Ruger LCP today. I went to the gun shop to buy it. I got there and was suprised to see that he had gotten in a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard.

I was getting the Ruger LCP because i wanted a small gun that I could just toss in my pocket easliy. I had shot one a couple times and was not real impressed but everyone seemed to like them so much I decided that I would learn to like it.

I took one look at the Bodyguard and knew that I was going to have a hard decision to make. Like the guy at the gun shop said, "its like trying to decide between a Chevy and a Ford!"

I ended up getting the Bodyguard because it seemed to fit my hand so much better. It also came with a manual safety and the trigger pull was no where near as long as the Ruger.

All I can say now is I can't wait to get it out to the range and try it out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Pics and range report are required.

I'm interested to see what the new S&W Shield is going to be... could be an extension of the Bodyguard line, could be an extension of the M&P line. Guess we will know in a few more days.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I was wanting to buy one of those to upgrade my kel tec. I was debating on the Kahr p380 and the body guard. after reading quite a few reviews of problems starting after 250-300 rounds, and having to send to back to the factory. I shied away from the smith. And decided to hold off on the kahr as the keltec suited my fancy at the moment.

I would definitely like to see how yours fairs over time, or if the same issues others had are still a problem. thanks in advance!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Pics and range report are required.

I'm interested to see what the new S&W Shield is going to be... could be an extension of the Bodyguard line, could be an extension of the M&P line. Guess we will know in a few more days.

I wish it's a bringback line for popular 3rd Gen. Smiths...not holding my breath though...

Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    Any advice for me on the Bodyguard? Any specific ammo that either works well or doesn't work so well?

As I haven't shot it yet, I was just looking for any advice from the other owners out there.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    good choice. i do that all the time. i always go in to buy a glock. but for some reason never leave with one. maybe one day

runt6213

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Nice, make sure to get back to us with a range report. I have wanted one for some time now and would like to hear the good and bad about it.

Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    Finally got out to the range to try out the Bodyguard 380. The gun shot very smoothly. I only put about 75 rounds through it. Some people complain about the 380s hurting after shooting them some, but I didn't experience any problem with that. I was a little disapointed with my accuracy. couldn't hit anything at 25 yrds but got a little better at 12 yards. I I think I need a little more range time to get it broken in and get a bit more used to it. I did pick up a little acessory that I think I will like.

2012-04-12_15-19-17_43.jpg

It is a 1.25" grip extension from Garrison Grip. I have one so far and went ahead and ordered two more. I think this might help a lttle bit. The great thing is, it still fits into my pocket nicely.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I don't think it will ever be accurate at 25yds. 7yds is probably what its made for so 12yds is more than good enough. If you have to use it, the bad guy will probably be touching you. I wouldn't worry much about range time with a pistol like that one, so long as you know how to make it go bang. I would definitely prefer it over an LCP, and probably prefer it over a Shield due to its smaller size. What I'm saying, is that I want one, and I'm jealous!

Top Bottom