• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    for a small claims suit i filed against my neighbor. Long story short, this fat skank didnt have her 40lb mutt on a leash and it attacked my 6 lb pomeranian. since she refused to compensate me for the vet bills, i sued her.

it amazed me how she committed perjury- clearly lying about how the situation happened. but she did admit under oath that

1) her dog was not on a leash
    2) she was in violation of the town leash law.

she then went on to say that despite this she "did not feel [she] should be responsible for any of the costs." :dunno::n00b:

needless to say, the judge ruled in my favor. now i get to wait until she pays me. all of this over $204.62 :rolleyes:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    for a small claims suit i filed against my neighbor. Long story short, this fat skank didnt have her 40lb mutt on a leash and it attacked my 6 lb pomeranian. since she refused to compensate me for the vet bills, i sued her.

it amazed me how she committed perjury- clearly lying about how the situation happened. but she did admit under oath that

1) her dog was not on a leash
    2) she was in violation of the town leash law.

she then went on to say that despite this she "did not feel [she] should be responsible for any of the costs." :dunno::n00b:

needless to say, the judge ruled in my favor. now i get to wait until she pays me. all of this over $204.62 :rolleyes:

:yesway: ***** had it coming.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    that sucks, was your pom ok?

her ear had a small puncture wound and her neck was sore from the other dog's jaws, but she's ok.

Bella-present5.jpg

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Congrats man! Gotta keep them on a leash, and no reason you should be punished for her stupidity.

The money isn't nearly as important as you pom's health however, glad she is doing ok. Think she will be skidish around big dogs from now on?

But again, congrats! Good always beats evil eventually!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i admit that bella has always been skiddish and yappy, particularly around other dogs. she knows she's tiny so she barks a big game. but i always keep her on a leash because she barks. once she's back in the house she's a completely different dog. the skank argued that my dog "started it" and "escalated" it by barking and growling. ummm, she's an ankle biter...of course she barks. :rolleyes:

but since then, she has been afraid to go outside but she is getting better.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Got the ruling, now you have to collect. The easy part is easy. The hard part, well, probably won't happen. Sorry.

Does she work? If so, KA-CHING! Hello Wage Execution Order...if you want to be particularly nasty about it, HELLO BANK ORDER TO ANSWER! ;):rockwoot::): Trust me, it's a satifying feeling. "Oh Gawd you froze my bank account!" :laugh:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i know where she works. funny thing though, she kept saying my dog was fine after the attack and the vet visits were unwarranted. so on cross, i asked her for her occupation, which she refused to give me. i then asked her where her vet office was located and where she earned her DVM. lolz

too bad for her, her info be all over the interwebz.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    where do you live? i took someone to small claims court and they mailed the decision rather than giving it on the spot..

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Good to hear you win. Hope all turns out and you get what you are owed.

ETA....What was her reaction when the judge ruled in your favor?
    And is she still your neighbor?

Just curious.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Good to hear you win. Hope all turns out and you get what you are owed.

ETA....What was her reaction when the judge ruled in your favor?
    And is she still your neighbor?

Just curious.

she had the same snotty look on her face the entire time, even when the judge ruled in my favor. the funniest/irritating part was when she told the court that my wife and i were "petty." :rolleyes: i am actually surprised that she didnt whine to the judge about me OCing sometimes.

she is still nesting down the street from us.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    she had the same snotty look on her face the entire time, even when the judge ruled in my favor. the funniest/irritating part was when she told the court that my wife and i were "petty." :rolleyes: i am actually surprised that she didnt whine to the judge about me OCing sometimes.

Wow. She sounds.....classy. :rolleyes: Good for you for getting it taken care of.

she is still nesting down the street from us.

I'm SO sorry you have to continue to live by someone like that. I would smile and wave (with enthusiasm) EVERY time you see her. It'll really get under her skin! lol

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    the other funny thing that happened was that i received an express-delivery letter from the producers of Judge Pirro asking us to go to Chicago. :laugh:

i thought about it, but since all fees are paid by the show instead of the losing party, i declined. that and i figured i'd take my chances being disarmed in the Hamilton County courthouse for 2 hours versus being disarmed in a crime ridden city for at least 48 hours. :patriot:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    the other funny thing that happened was that i received an express-delivery letter from the producers of Judge Pirro asking us to go to Chicago. :laugh:

i thought about it, but since all fees are paid by the show instead of the losing party, i declined. that and i figured i'd take my chances being disarmed in the Hamilton County courthouse for 2 hours versus being disarmed in a crime ridden city for at least 48 hours. :patriot:

You Sir, Made a GREAT choice! lol.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

You Sir, Made a GREAT choice! lol.

This^^^ Although I'd have considered doing the Pirro thing just to publicly humiliate her. See, I'm the kind of guy that would make sure to DVR it, burn it to disk and show copies to all of our neighbors and maybe even throw a big screen in my truck and show it in the parking lot of her workplace depending on what kind of property it is. (after getting consent of the show to display it in public). Probably would have wound up making the same decision you did though. Hamilton county is nice, Illinois is not.

Top Bottom