• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    "Scanner traffic and police correspondence during the Fall Festival week indicated that some of officers' top concerns were counterfeit money, unconcealed handguns and gang activity. More than 60,000 people a day attended the festival."

The Courier and Press had an article about a warrant being served. I think it kinda goes along with the OC problems that Evansville is having. :draw:
    http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/oct/11/no-headline---ev_warrant/?partner=popular

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I rode the Ferris wheel with the GF and spotted the police sniper/observer staked out on the roof of the Gerst Haus.

Mainly the "sniper/observer" was to watch for any type of problems that happened at the intersection below him.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Did you forget your purple, or are you serious? :n00b:

No he is serious, they had a crows nest there. I still think you would have to be the dumbest criminal alive to do anything at the festival it's self. Not only is there a police presence, but it is in essence acharity event for every org in the city, and 1/2 or more of the people there are carrying. You would not havevery good odds of getting away with anything.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    No he is serious, they had a crows nest there. I still think you would have to be the dumbest criminal alive to do anything at the festival it's self. Not only is there a police presence, but it is in essence acharity event for every org in the city, and 1/2 or more of the people there are carrying. You would not havevery good odds of getting away with anything.

I carry everywhere I can when I travel in Indy.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

A friggin' crows nest!? Is that really necessary?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A friggin' crows nest!? Is that really necessary?

Well, it was a folding chair, cooler and a large bag (assumed to hold a rifle and stuff). Beverage of choice appeared to be Ski or Mountain Dew judging by the bottle in the chair arm. Officer was tethered with a body harness and long rope. Good view from there.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well, it was a folding chair, cooler and a large bag (assumed to hold a rifle and stuff). Beverage of choice appeared to be Ski or Mountain Dew judging by the bottle in the chair arm. Officer was tethered with a body harness and long rope. Good view from there.

Just what I want... A marksman / sniper who's all amped up on caffeine... LOL

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    How do you get that statistic?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was there Tues evening and all day Sat. Saw LRahm while he was on patrol on Franklin St.

Was this the first year for the snipers?

I know a 15 year old kid was arrested for a handgun without a license down there on Thursday. Apparently in Evansville if you do something wrong when you carry a handgun they arrest you and file charges.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I was there Tues evening and all day Sat. Saw LRahm while he was on patrol on Franklin St.

Was this the first year for the snipers?

I know a 15 year old kid was arrested for a handgun without a license down there on Thursday. Apparently in Evansville if you do something wrong when you carry a handgun they arrest you and file charges.

And even when you don't do something wrong, right? :):

Top Bottom