• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Was talking to one of the local Westfield police officers a couple of days ago, and I noticed by the grip in his holster that he was carrying an H&K. I asked him about it, and it is a P30. He said he prefers the Glocks because he is used to them, but did think it was a nice gun.

First local LEO I have ever seen carrying an H&K. I am such a huge fan of my VP9 that it made me proud to see him carrying it (rather than the Glock he would rather be carrying!), and here he is right in my home town. Nice! :)

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Interesting........ Good observation.

I'm an HK fan, so a local constable toting one would be something I would notice, but never have.

Of course, I'm a fan of almost all well built pistols and revolvers, so there's that too............

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a special place in my heart for H&K but carry a Glock 19 or 17 if I have proper cover garment. In the summer hot I EDC a 43.
    I traded in my H&K P7M8 for a 1st gen 17 when I had to have one to go to armorer's school in Smyrna late 80's. Still have that pistol in the 'porcupine' box for the ammo in the back of my safe somewhere but wish I would've kept the squeeze cocker to this date. It was a rare model but who knew? (Pre-internet. Yup, I'm old. I know it when I try to get out of bed everyday) Sheesh!

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    For the money and the Striker fired, they should have tried the VP9? But maybe they were not out yet. Having owned a P30,
    IMO the DA trigger is very hard. HK say 12 lbs. I just had my P30 SK sent to Robert for Carry trigger job. Down to 7/8 lbs and 50% reduction in rest.

MikeHoncho27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2015
    Carmel
    They sure do. I live in Carmel and the guy that lives across the street is a Westfield officer. Was just talking to him about his gun today. Also said he prefers the glock because it has a shorter trigger pull. Sounds like they are using the heavy LEM.

They are 40's(yuck)

Top Bottom