Wha? NEW Remington R51 in 9mm +P chambering?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, the energy has to go somewhere.

Well, sure it does, but that doesn't mean that felt recoil will be the same. Actual recoil is just math. Perceived recoil is a totally different thing because of how that energy is applied.

If I push on your forehead for 30 seconds its probably not going to feel the same as if I smack you with the same amount of energy in a fraction of a second. Spreading the energy over time reduces the discomfort. A faster cycling slide and weaker recoil springs will apply the energy faster.

If you have a sponge on your forehead or a solid block of wood on your forehead and I tap it with a mallet, which will be more uncomfortable? The give of the material and how much energy the "action" absorbs to do its work (compress a sponge or eject and chamber a round) matters.

If I push straight back on your nose, it will move your head in a different direction than if I press up on your chin. Firearms can do this via grip shape and bore axis. You can trade muzzle flip for backwards acceleration into your hand.

If I push a pin against your arm with the same force as I push a beer can, the pin is a lot more likely to cause discomfort. Grip width.

If I start the pin against your skin vs accelerating it from 3" away...you get the idea. Fit to hand.

Two differently designed guns of the exact same weight firing the exact same ammunition will not feel the same in terms of perceived recoil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Even with that poor review, it still seems interesting to me. At first I viewed the design to be futuristic like a star trek type gun. However, with more pictures being released, I think it has some appeal that no other handgun offers. Has anyone seen any in person yet?

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    OJudging him by his own standards, one could say that after thousands of rounds were fired by the gun media at Shot, and hearing of no complaints of slide bite, he gets his pistol and immediately gets bitten. One could then conclude that he doesn't know how to hold a gun properly.

The gun was only on display at Shot Show, it wasn't available for shooting.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    And to think I used to believe that Glocks were the ugliest gun I've ever seen. That thing is just about full retard as far as I'm concerned.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    There's none on gunbroker

So I'd guess no

Remington said they planned for a mid February ship date (or I've read in a couple articles)

With as well as Freedom Group runs......they meant February 2015

LOL, it might as well be. I checked with a local gun shop and they say it will probably be May or June before they will appear anywhere and they will be in very limited quantities which means
    you will be paying way over MSRP for one if you are lucky enough to snag one. The only online store that is taking Pre orders is Hyatt guns at $499.00 and they can't give you a date on when
    they will get them in. Here is a link if you are interested. Rem 96430 R51 9mm+p 3.4 Syn/bl - Hyatt Gun Store
    So it might as well be February of 2015. Same thing with the M&P shield. It's been almost 2 years ( in April) since it was announced and it is still difficult to find in any store.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    LOL, it might as well be. I checked with a local gun shop and they say it will probably be May or June before they will appear anywhere and they will be in very limited quantities which means
    you will be paying way over MSRP for one if you are lucky enough to snag one. The only online store that is taking Pre orders is Hyatt guns at $499.00 and they can't give you a date on when
    they will get them in. Here is a link if you are interested. Rem 96430 R51 9mm+p 3.4 Syn/bl - Hyatt Gun Store
    So it might as well be February of 2015. Same thing with the M&P shield. It's been almost 2 years ( in April) since it was announced and it is still difficult to find in any store.

Local gun shop here said they expect to get one at any time. We'll see. I'm still excited about this gun. Can't wait to hold one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gander Mountain had the R51 advertised in the flier today for $399.99 I wonder if they have any in stock.

http://gandermountain.shoplocal.com...otionCode=GanderMt-140403&PromotionViewMode=1

140403_2A_img_1204486167.jpg

[h=1]Remington R51 Pistol 9mm Pistol[/h]SAVE $30, NEW FOR 2014
    $399.99*
    (Was $429.99)
    thru Apr 23
    Item # 776934
    Buy Online SHARE THIS ITEM
    FacebookTwitter PinterestGoogle+

*After $30 Gander Mtn. mail-in rebate

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Gander Mountain had the R51 advertised in the flier today for $399.99 I wonder if they have any in stock.

Lafayette Flyer - Gander Mountain - We Live Outdoors

140403_2A_img_1204486167.jpg

Remington R51 Pistol 9mm Pistol

SAVE $30, NEW FOR 2014
    $399.99*
    (Was $429.99)
    thru Apr 23
    Item # 776934
    Buy Online SHARE THIS ITEM
    FacebookTwitter PinterestGoogle+

*After $30 Gander Mtn. mail-in rebate

They didn't have any at the Gander Mountain in Castleton today. I may check the SouthSide store tomorrow.

Top Bottom