• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    the focus is on tickets and changing behavior. Believe it or not, highly visible, frequent enforcement does change crash trends. I have seen it in action personally. With modern technology like Wayze and FB, highly visible enforcement gets even more visibility and folks tend to straighten up and drive right, which results in fewer crashes.
    But once the enforcement is gone so is the change. The best control would be to have squad cars driving up and down the road. The more visible they are, the more people will show down.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Question for you. For the operation pull over, is the focus on writing tickets or making contact to possibly find something else?

What is the Fed's incentive for spending money here? It isn't like these things change behavior.

Im the guy that does traffic enforcement thats looking for something else.

6 months of traffic in 2017 (I changed departments)
    152 grams of meth
    131 grams of marijuana
    2 grams of heroin
    13.2 grams of cocaine
    56 controlled RX pills
    2 grams of Crack cocaine
    41 felony outright arrest
    11 mis arrest
    190 summons arrest
    37 felony warrant arrest
    27 mis warrant arrest
    3 stolen vehicles recovered
    6 firearms recovered from prohibited persons.

And I push my OWI's off onto VUPD and and crew when I can.:cool:

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Like so many other people I used to ***** when I got pulled over for a traffic infraction. It's been a LONG time since it's happened but the last time it did I didn't give the cop any grief I didn't whine about it or make any "I pay your salary" bull**** statements. When he came back up to the car he told me he was so surprised at my reaction to him that he simply wrote me a warning. The way I look at it is that for the few times I've actually been ticketed it comes no where near the number of times I got away with it for the very same issue. Funny thing I've noticed since moving to Indy though is the leniency I see everyday about traffic violations. I used to live in a pathetic little military town and the police there DID have a quota system and they practiced ZERO tolerance. Literally 1 mph over and you got ticketed. It was a very lucrative arrangement for the city fathers. When they got a new police chief a few years before I left they did admit to the quota system and did drop it.

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    Are we really going to play the "lets lump everyone into the same pile" game? Do you want me to judge you based on the actions of other truck drivers? If you really want to go there, we can go there.

He insinuated that cops don't get paid extra to write tickets. I know he is wrong and provided the easiest links I could find.
    If you are saying the guy in the links I provided is the only cop that has made any extra money writing tickets, you are a sadly mistaken.

Truthfully I couldn't care any less what you lump me into. Better yet you are the first INGO member to make my ignore list, I refuse deal with such a princess.

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    So let me get this straight. You're saying that cops write tickets with the "hopes," that the someone will fight it, so they are forced to get up early and get paid OT? Uh no. I worked nights, and I hated when I had to show up to court. And if I checked the docket over the phone, and the case wasn't going, I had tears of joy in my eyes. The poor days guys, actually had to go in while on shift, so OT didn't apply to them.

Next time I go to a city council meeting and they want to add a millage for the cops I will remind them that Kutnupe said that none of the day shift guys get OT and the night shift guys cry when they are FORCED to go to court over the tickets they spent all night writing, so that means no more money is needed. Thanks for the tip.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    He insinuated that cops don't get paid extra to write tickets. I know he is wrong and provided the easiest links I could find.
    If you are saying the guy in the links I provided is the only cop that has made any extra money writing tickets, you are a sadly mistaken.

Truthfully I couldn't care any less what you lump me into. Better yet you are the first INGO member to make my ignore list, I refuse deal with such a princess.

Lol. I am honored to be on your list.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie

Do you not think it unfair to make a broad generalization that all cops only write tickets to make extra money based on a technicality (Yes, if it puts them into overtime, they technically make more money.) and an extreme case?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Next time I go to a city council meeting and they want to add a millage for the cops I will remind them that Kutnupe said that none of the day shift guys get OT and the night shift guys cry when they are FORCED to go to court over the tickets they spent all night writing, so that means no more money is needed. Thanks for the tip.

This is Indiana, we don't have millages. Derp.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

A regular ol beat cop does not have any incentive to write tickets and does not get paid any extra to do so. There are federally funded overtime gigs available to write tickets. Does that clear it up for you?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The month of March is a “blitz” month for Operation Pull Over. Officers from many agencies are working federally (NHTSA) funded overtime writing speeding and distracted driving citations. There have been several multi-officer enforcement details around the city this month. The next blitz period begins in May.
    Drug dealers selling contaminated illegal drugs, shootings in Indy almost every other day, robberies galore, domestic violence incidents left and right and our local law enforcement concentrates on people allegedly speeding on I-465? Seriously? Let’s not even mention their failure to provide security at schools. These are prime examples of the perverted priorities of our government agencies. Oh, and if you want to fix the school security problems and silence all the libtards screaming and protesting that our government is not providing funding, the answer is simple. Tell your Senators and Congressmen to stop sending billions and billions of dollars to countries like Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan and use the money for school security. Again the perverted priorities of the elected idiot politicians in the United States. My head hurts from this stuff!

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Drug dealers selling contaminated illegal drugs, shootings in Indy almost every other day, robberies galore, domestic violence incidents left and right and our local law enforcement concentrates on people allegedly speeding on I-465? Seriously? Let’s not even mention their failure to provide security at schools. These are prime examples of the perverted priorities of our government agencies. Oh, and if you want to fix the school security problems and silence all the libtards screaming and protesting that our government is not providing funding, the answer is simple. Tell your Senators and Congressmen to stop sending billions and billions of dollars to countries like Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan and use the money for school security. Again the perverted priorities of the elected idiot politicians in the United States. My head hurts from this stuff!

So mandate overtime for the police officers and pay it out of the local budget?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

Can I be the second to make your ignore list?? Pleeeese?!

Top Bottom