• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the article:
    "The sheriff's office said it did not report Mason's accidental release for six days because they were using it "as a tactical advantage" in the hopes of catching him and not driving him into hiding."

Umm, he just escaped from jail. I'm pretty sure he knew you'd be looking for him. :rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    From the article:
    "The sheriff's office said it did not report Mason's accidental release for six days because they were using it "as a tactical advantage" in the hopes of catching him and not driving him into hiding."

Umm, he just escaped from jail. I'm pretty sure he knew you'd be looking for him. :rolleyes:

Didn't explicitly state WHO was getting the tactical advantage...

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I don't know the man, but he looks kinda prickish with that flat-top haircut.
    I'm sure he is prickish, but he is a hug-a-thug democrat just like the last few Sheriffs. The never ending string of tragedies and blunders revolving around his department and Indianapolis's new "Community Justice Campus" are a direct result of mismanagement and poor planning. ( Its pretty well known at other departments that nearly the entirety of his appointed command staff are made up of employees who made donations to the Sheriff's campaign fund or inept diversity hires. Which is par for the course for Sheriffs of that county for at least the last few administrations. ) When you recruit, hire and promote staff based on anything other than merit, you are going to get a clown show.

You know there was a serious problem when last year State Senator Jack Sandlin offered to bring in the Indiana State Police AND the Indiana National Guard to get the jail under control, but this same Sheriff refused the obviously much needed help. Now a Deputy is dead and a murder suspect is on the loose, among other screw ups. I guess his ego is more important than the safety of community, and even his own officers. You never hear of stuff like this happening at other agencies.

Maybe instead of buying every inmate an iPad, they should have used that money to hire more competent people. When you focus on the comfort and happiness of inmates, you sacrifice the safety of the community you serve.

The Sheriffs exact words in May of 2022 were :

"We're marking that cultural shift, one centered on valuing the humanity of incarcerated persons and views the period of incarceration as one during which those within can receive help to make better choices when they leave."

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/indianapolis/community-justice-campus-opens-in-indianapolis

I didn't hear anything at all in that little press conference about what is going to be changed to prevent this sort of thing in the future. So I guess the people of Indiana can just expect more of the same.

I feel bad for people who live in that county. I'm sure they are paying a lot in taxes, only to get "tactical" cover-ups by their elected officials.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What do they do? I mean, what is their "carved out" scope of work, that isn't covered by IMPD? Their geographical bailiwicks seem to overlap, and I thought this was the exact sort of thing Unigov was supposed to do away with.
    Primary concern, jail, prisoners, court security, sex offender registry, civil paper service, tax collection, and maybe some warrant service. That's it. He wants to add patrol responsibilities back even though he has no area in order to do so.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Things like erroneous releases happen a lot in jails. Of course, a murderer should have had more scrutiny but I guess only law enforcement agencies make mistakes??

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    From the article:

Maybe they were hoping Pennsylvania State Police could find him.

Top Bottom