• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    At the moment,Taurus PT145 in a Tagua paddle,most times strong side but occasionally crossdraw.....looking at trading it on a commander size 1911

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I go between a XDM 45 4.5 inch and a Citadel Legacy full size 1911. The XDM is OWB only but I can comfortably the 1911 CC or OC. The XDM is just to wide

BiggEarl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Cory, IN
    I just recently had the same question that you are asking. I want a 45bit that would shoot get yet still carry well. I decided to go with the para ordnance Warthog. I carry it with the crossbreed IWB holster. I love this little gun. It carries great and shoots better.

cjacobs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Bloomington
    P220 Carry in a VMII

DSC_0205.jpg

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have .45 ACPs from Sig (P220), H&K, and Glock (G21 and G30). The daily carry is almost always the G30, in an outside waistband holster. It's all about the weight. Carry a full size 1911 around for a few days, then a compact polymer frame. You'll know immediately what I"m talking about, and remember the saying "The best gun is the one that you have with you".
    Go big and heavy and you run the risk of not carrying when it "isn't convenient".
    Just my $.02. YMMV.
    You're not giving up anything by carrying the G30 over larger pistols. Mine is a sweet little piece that is super accurate and easy to use.

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    It all depends on the situation. It's Kimber TLE/RLII either way.

If concealment is more of an issue it's in a Don Hume strong-side IWB.

If it is a likely low-light situation, and especially in circumstances where I'm wearing a jacket to conceal it, it's in a paddle holster with the Surefire X300 attached. A good tac-lite is worth it's weight in gold IMHO.

I know 83.274% of statistics are made up, but I swear I read 70 some percent of shootings are in 'low-light' situations. For this reason, I don't know why more people don't carry with tac-lites on guns.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    RIA compact 1911 @ 3:30 in a fobus puddle holster, usually under a jacket, but if not, open for the world to see.

Also, a Kel Tec pf9 in the car, at 11ish in a cheap nylon holster.

Top Bottom