• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I was making my way to my vehicle at about 2315. The streak lightning was frequent and intensified by its nearness to my location. Seldom am I alarmed of being struck as I was during the trek to the vehicle. I am not sure when it had started raining, but it was a full blown storm by the time I hit the road.

The rain was being blown sideways. At times, visibility did not extend past my windshield. It was like being in a carwash. The wind was rocking my vehicle as I drove through several pockets of hail. I was certain that I was either driving into or out of a tornado. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for any number of the trees lining the road to fall on me or the road.

Intense. I will take snow over spring storms anyday... Hope all made it through unscathed. Looks like northern Illinois got hit hard.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Glad you made it through okay. I'm in the far east central side and it's starting to taper off here. We had 40+ mph gusts with our rain, no hail though. Right now it's a race to see if the wind and weather breaks before the trash man gets here. I've got 3 cans to roll down the 400 foot driveway and I don't want to do it in a storm. Truck is usually here around 4.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    We lucked out up here. Storm apparently decided to leave us alone and skirted south and north of our area. The weatherman kept warning us it was coming all day but it just never seemed to develop.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    We lucked out up here. Storm apparently decided to leave us alone and skirted south and north of our area. The weatherman kept warning us it was coming all day but it just never seemed to develop.
    Same here. It was supposed to whomp us as I went to work, then as my shift started, then some time overnight

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The storms had lost a bit of their punch by the time they hit us, last night at about 1am...thankfully.
    Yeah, I was watching it on the radar; it looked like a nasty beast over near the state line but as it progressed it spread out into a larger, but less intense storm. I went back to sleep and barely even awoke when the storm came through.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I was watching it on the radar; it looked like a nasty beast over near the state line but as it progressed it spread out into a larger, but less intense storm. I went back to sleep and barely even awoke when the storm came through.

Our weather radio kept going off and kept me awake. Sometimes Im tempted to unplug that thing.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'm kinda disappointed. I was sitting at work watched the storm rolling towards us, but it just kinda disappeared around us. It looked really nasty as it was coming at us and we didn't even get any rain.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    It was coming down pretty hard for a bit, with strong winds. I had to turn up my TV to hear my show! The things we have to put up with...

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Southeast of 465. While all we got was rain there was a lightning strike around 0130 that might as well have been in the back yard. Even woke up my wife who never hears anything while asleep.

Top Bottom