• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    My question is, were any of them stolen and not returned to their rightful owners?
    That would make them lawbreakers themselves. So what's new about that?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As much as I hate to see good guns destroyed, I have to also see the silver lining here. Guns are durable goods. As such, the market may dry up and manufacturers might decline if guns were somehow not taken out of the market. Just about every one of these guns destroyed will allow a sale of a new gun to someone and will help keep our gun industry alive.

I know, it's a real stretch, but I need to find some way that this hurts the anti-gun movement. Even that flimsy argument fall apart when you spot an M-14 in that pile. The idea that somewhere in there is an Underwood M1 Carbine, IH Garand or Remington Rand 1911 makes my blood boil. But again, if a silver lining is to be found to screw the anti-gun nuts, then it is the fact that they just made room for a whole lot of new guns in the market.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    That is just sick! It's just plain wrong? Someone needs a good kick in the ----- for that.

When I was working out in Las Vegas the wife wanted to go to California to stick her foot in that ocean. We never made it. She still talks about not doing it. With all I have heard about California I think I will pass. She can make that trip with her sister. I will stay in Nevada.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But, look at all of those AR's and AK's right in front. there is a but stock in the upper right corner that is not an AR or it would be right in front.

How many people zoomed in as much as they could to try to guess some of them?

Does the FBI keep stats on how many bolt action rifles are used in crimes? Oh, wait. Maybe the crime was owning a bolt action rifle!

Me too. The one long barrel chrome revolver with wood grips looks like a Colt. Can't really make out the cylinder release.

More then 3,400 weapons are piled up prior to them being melted down as part of the annual Gun Melt at a steel mill in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Monday, July 6, 2015. The department melted down more than 3,400 weapons and turned them into rebar.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Such a shame. It does seem that there are lots revolvers and sporting guns like Bolt action rifles and Pump shotguns. Saw some Glocks, Ruger P-series, 1911's (thought I saw an STI), Beretta's and a few Taurus.
    Bottom photo on the bottom left. Stainless revolver with long ribbed barrel and rubber grips, Colt Anaconda? Straight across from it with the grip up looks like another or maybe Dan Wesson? Lots of nice revolvers wasted.

Top Bottom