• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Another total noon question for you guys to laugh at!

Why won't my primers fit in my 223 brass? Do I need to team the primer pockets? Brass is all pmc once fired from my own stock. Primers are either Cci or Winchester small rifle primers. I've tried 4 or 5 cases to no avail. Thought for sure I'd figure it out on my own but once again I find myself asking into for help. Thanks in advance!

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    All the primers on the PMC I have loaded have been crimped. I had to ream them. The crimp is not as noticeable as military brass, but in my experience it's still crimped.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    The dillon super swage mentioned a few posts down will most likley cure the problem. However at bout 100 bucks it aint cheap. Will last ya a lifetime though.

ANeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    SW Ohio
    If you have a case chamfer tool a couple twists in the primer pocket will remove the crimp real well.

If you plan on doing a bunch the swager is the way to go

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If you have a case chamfer tool a couple twists in the primer pocket will remove the crimp real well.

If you plan on doing a bunch the swager is the way to go

Correct indeed. I try not to mess with once fired crimped rounds but when I do that is how I do it. It does not take much time and very little needs removed. And here I thought I was the only person in the world that did that!

Last edited:

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo p/n:9495 ($36.95) RCBS TM Military Crimp Remover - SM p/n:90381 ($19.95) This is from the RCBS website.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thanks a bunch guys. I got into reloading to save $. Every time I turn around its another $100 bill! Hahaha. One of these days I'll have it all!

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    crimp

I keep thinking I will have it all too, but after 30 plus years, I still find I don't..lol.. I have always just used the simple primer pocket reamer, but I might not load as much as some people do. I usually just prep a couple hundred cases at a time.

Top Bottom