• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Wife was in the basement looking for stuff. That is always bad news.

She says, what are in these six boxes and I just smiled and said don't open them. That got her very interested and then I broke the news. I said those are masks, gloves , respirators and supplies for any infectious diseases so we are protected.

She says OK and as she walks away wanting to know what I spent. I told her and she eventually found the basket liner she was looking for and didn't say a word for the cost As she went up the stairs she said, I thought you only had those supplies in the cabinet upstairs.

My answer was these are the spares.

She kept walking up the stairs and said to put better labels on them so she can find them if we ever need them.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Mine just told me not to sell my backup glock...that we needed more than my firearm and hers in the house...and that I need a bigger safe! That's a go ahead for me lol. Are our wives great?!

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    She kept walking up the stairs and said to put better labels on them so she can find them if we ever need them.

That is a great lesson hidden in this thread. Make sure your spouses and older children know what you have and how to use it. I ran into this, just this week. I needed help with something, but didn't adequately have my 'team' trained on what/where it was. Could have been catastrophic. Great lesson!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Whew, that was close. Had she opened one of the boxes and seen what you really had in there...................:scared::scared:

Good thing you didn't tell her to wait until 9:30 or she might have opened a box or two.:nailbite::nailbite:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My wife will send me to the grocery instead of her (3 young ones to watch at home) because she knows I'll spend more. "Lots of canned soup, fruit and veggies" means I'm coming home with full boxes of many kinds. She just smiles. If she goes, she only gets a few. :)

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    yep... all keepers/ mine just says "looks like the guns must be having babies again".. just smile :)

We were at a friends place and he was showing me his new Ruger when my wife said "I am not sure, but our safe seems to be awful full, I do not remember that many guns when we moved". I had small steel locking gun cabinets, not a proper safe in our old house.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a good reminder. "Don't ask; Don't tell" works for the short term, but could create new problems over the long haul (especially if you have a problem and someone needs to use the stuff).

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    ^^^^^^ Ain't THAT the truth!!

Great thread though. It has taken quite a few years for my better half to come around, but I am glad I was patient. She is "on board" with anything I can make common sense of, as long as the budget isn't blown!!

Top Bottom