• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    SCCY life time, transferable and will replace if stolen.
    One of the most remarkable features of the SCCY is the “No-Questions-Asked” lifetime warranty that stays with the gun. The way we look at it, if you have to ask any questions, it’s not a real warranty!

I don't have much experience with customer service with my firearms,... partly because I choose firearms that are only likely to be reliable. My intent is to not require the "warranty". Here is the extent of my experience:

Browning - the walnut butt stock on my Browning Gold 12ga cracked along the grain and I sent it back to them. They repaired it at no cost to me by bonding it and then restaining it, which meant that it no longer matched the forearm. It later refractured but I repaired it with JB weld and painted the gun so it no longer mattered.
    FNH- I called them because the distance between the rail and the barrel on my Scar 16 was significantly different on one side than the other. I think it had been factory torqued improperly. I was treated like I was a moron and that it was a stupid inquiry.
    Glock - My 30s has some feeding/reliability issues. I called once, but was on hold too long and then sent two emails. I never received a reply but I fixed the problem myself by not ever firing the weapon.
    HK- I called to return my VP9 to the factory for the installation of night sights. They were super helpful and courteous and they swapped the sights with very little turn around for $40. I was pleasantly surprised.
    JP Enterprises - I had an awesome experience in having them custom build my Jp 15. I was able to speak, at length, with a knowledgeable employee about every aspect of my purchase.
    Wilson Combat - I placed an order and then wanted to make a change to it. I received near instant correspondence and confirmation that my order would be corrected. Amazingly easy to deal with.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Its great to see a company that stands behind their product so strongly. That said, at the risk of sounding like a jerk, If I have to consider the warranty policy, then that gun is off my wish list. Ive had overall, very good luck. Ive probably had 40 different pistols and a few long guns over the years and only 1 ever needed warranty work. Ive mostly stuck to known and reliable models and the few minor issues I did have were fixed by a couple experienced friends and a bit of testing. Id rather see a gun that never needs warranty work than a company offering excellent warranty policies, but I guess anything mechanical will need support at some point.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Ruger does not issue a written warranty. But they have the best and fastest customer service.

I'll say Ruger's CS is not the best. IMO Springfield Armory is the best hands down. I had to send back a Ruger P95 a year after they discontinued them. By then I had it 3 years. In that 3 years I hardly ever shot it as it had horrible failures to extract. I mean 60-70 percent failure rate. So I shelved it and got a 1994 Sprinfield 1911.

Later I called Ruger and told them my problem and the lady in CS told me "Due to the age of the pistol shipping would be on my end". WTF are you serious? On a POS gun that won't shoot? It was 4 years old by then. TOO OLD??? Whatever...it had to be fixed. 35 dollars later and 4 weeks later I got the pistol back and its been awesome.

Fast forward to a couple years ago I had to send in my SA 1911 due to one of the ejector pins shearing. I called them and gave them the information. The CS rep PROMPTLY mailed me a shipping label on a 18 YEAR OLD GUN!!!! I sent the gun in and had it back 7 days later. SEVEN DAYS. Mailed it on a Wednesday and got it back the following week.

The best part is that Springfield not only replaced the ejector. They also replaced and fitted a new Hammer, Sear, and Extractor. And sent me back the original hammer.

This is the reason Springfield Armory is the best, IMO. And why I will buy Springfield Armory for life.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'll say Ruger's CS is not the best. IMO Springfield Armory is the best hands down. I had to send back a Ruger P95 a year after they discontinued them. By then I had it 3 years. In that 3 years I hardly ever shot it as it had horrible failures to extract. I mean 60-70 percent failure rate. So I shelved it and got a 1994 Sprinfield 1911.

Later I called Ruger and told them my problem and the lady in CS told me "Due to the age of the pistol shipping would be on my end". WTF are you serious? On a POS gun that won't shoot? It was 4 years old by then. TOO OLD??? Whatever...it had to be fixed. 35 dollars later and 4 weeks later I got the pistol back and its been awesome.

Fast forward to a couple years ago I had to send in my SA 1911 due to one of the ejector pins shearing. I called them and gave them the information. The CS rep PROMPTLY mailed me a shipping label on a 18 YEAR OLD GUN!!!! I sent the gun in and had it back 7 days later. SEVEN DAYS. Mailed it on a Wednesday and got it back the following week.

The best part is that Springfield not only replaced the ejector. They also replaced and fitted a new Hammer, Sear, and Extractor. And sent me back the original hammer.

This is the reason Springfield Armory is the best, IMO. And why I will buy Springfield Armory for life.

Wow. You had a P95 go bad on you? You just don;t hear much of that. (Still got the gun? Wanna part it out?)

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I still have the P95 and it shoots great now. It is my dads HD/truck gun. Accurate as all hell. If I do my part I have been able to nail water bottles at 70 yards with it. It is much more accurate than I am.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I still have the P95 and it shoots great now. It is my dads HD/truck gun. Accurate as all hell. If I do my part I have been able to nail water bottles at 70 yards with it. It is much more accurate than I am.

Good to hear. What was wrong with it? And did they fix it free after having you pay the shipping?

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    HK...never had a problem they didnt fix expeditously....granted, I havent had many problems as they are the model of quality, but they are rock solid.... Same way with Ruger, as an avid Cowboy Shooter stuff breaks...it happens..but , I have had parts from them at no charge in days on their dime.... even stuff I just plain lost... those are my big 2, I have others but they dont get the wear the others do....

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Good to hear. What was wrong with it? And did they fix it free after having you pay the shipping?

The gun would not extract and double feed 6-7 out of 10 rounds. The extractor would not grab the case rim and just leave the spent case in the chamber. It was good for practice double feeds. I fired about 400 rounds through it before sending it back. Safe to say I am proficient at clearing double feeds. Ruger did cover the work but I had to foot the shipping. I wasn't happy. Apparently a 4 year old gun is too old for Ruger to cover shipping

Top Bottom