What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, the frogs are no good fresh. Need to let it sit for a while. I think the tin in that pic is about 2 years old. Very nice now.

Penzance, I used to buy by the half pound online, and it used to always be in stock. That was about 10-12 years ago. Do yourself a favor and don’t ever try it. You’ll just forever be sad that you can’t buy it and you’ll know what you’re missing out on.

That makes more sense.

I've heard of FM Original, Across the Pond, On the Town, On the Bayou, and Cellar. I've only had Cellar and Original. I had to let the original age a few months. It was pretty one dimensional when I first opened it. It's getting better now though. I haven't had much Cellar, but it's really good. Looks like I need to try some Across the Pond.

I've never even seen a tin of Penzance, but I'd love to get ahold of some some day.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My last pipe buy was last month I picked up a nording hand carved pipe. It's pretty amazing I'll try to post pics later.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I used to enjoy the "coffee infused" cigars. Drew Estate has a brand of them. I got to looking on their website and noticed they have quite a few different brands. I've had Acid in the past but has anyone tried some of the other brands? The Undercrown series looks tempting.

Brands - Drew Estate

Flyingbrian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Plainfield
    I used to enjoy the "coffee infused" cigars. Drew Estate has a brand of them. I got to looking on their website and noticed they have quite a few different brands. I've had Acid in the past but has anyone tried some of the other brands? The Undercrown series looks tempting.

Brands - Drew Estate

love their acid line and the Tabok coffee infused which is surprising since I can’t stand coffee

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, the frogs are no good fresh. Need to let it sit for a while. I think the tin in that pic is about 2 years old. Very nice now.

Penzance, I used to buy by the half pound online, and it used to always be in stock. That was about 10-12 years ago. Do yourself a favor and don’t ever try it. You’ll just forever be sad that you can’t buy it and you’ll know what you’re missing out on.

Along the same lines, I was a little conflicted when my brother bought me a tin of Elizabethan. It's wonderful stuff, but if no one picks up the Dunhill line, I'll have to miss it forever.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When it comes to cigars, I usually buy Artero Fuente Canones, regular or maduro, when I want a long smoking cigar.
    For a cheaper good cigar, I usually buy Montesino Gran Corona, regular or maduro.
    Montisono are made by Artero Fuente.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Purchased some Captain Earle's Private Stock from Straus Tobacconist two weeks ago. If you like English blends you should give it a try. It is very balanced with a lot of nuance.

This is the second Captain Earle's blend I have tried, after Reflections. Both blends are Crumble Cakes. They are produced by Cornell and Diehll, and exhibit some wonderful quality tobaccos and blending.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    d7MJb5Mh.jpg

Each is about 1.5 years old now, the girlfriend brought them back from London for me when she took an international class. Saving them for a special occasion, the yellow wrapper makes all the difference in Cohibas.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    a co-worker just came back from the Dominican Replublic. He was kind enough to bring me back a cigar. Pretty stoked to get around to smoking it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom