What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Haven’t started it yet, but Homecoming staring Julia Roberts is high on my list. It’s an Amazon Prime Original.

It was a podcast that I listened to a year or so ago. Wry good.

Plot is Roberts has a new job helping vets reacclimatize to US/civilian life. But all is not what it seems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

It was definitely a fun watch. Krasinksi played the role well.

There was a mix of good and bad "tech" stuff, though... but it's hard for every show to get that kind of thing accurate. I just tend to see it a little more.

Gunplay was pretty solid, I thought. Looks like they went for the Center Axis Relock style a la John Wick.

There's only so much detail that can be shown in, what was it, 8 episodes? Can't blame them too much for not being able to expand as much as they may have liked.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I watched that one. It was funny, but I thought it was a bit weird he had his shirt off the whole time.

Joe Rogan has a new one too that pretty damn funny.

Rogan's show today was the "back from Sober October"... with Bert Kreischer, Tom Segura, Ari Shaffir... Just an episode full of drinking, smoking, and shooting the ****.

https://youtu.be/5blSRUZpYrU

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sound City

[video=youtube;HQoOfiLz1G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoOfiLz1G4[/video]

If you're fascinated with rock n' roll, you'll love to see Dave Grohl buying an iconic studio, even if you're not a gear nerd.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I just finished season 3 of DareDevil on Netflix.

Not quite as action-packed as seasons 1 and 2 - but the drama factor was a lot higher.

EXCELLENT character development by a new character, FBI Spec. Agent Nadeem. He's a heck of an actor. Foggy plays a way bigger part this season. Again - a great job. Vincent D'Onofrio is STELLAR in this series. Absolutely fantastic. Charlie Cox - good as always. Get a lot deeper into his psyche this season. And, lastly, Deborah Ann Woll. Not only is she gorgeous, she's a very very good actor. Her character plays a HUGE roll in this season. She's written very well. Quite compelling.

This is next on my list.

I got sucked into watching "Chuck" again on amazon. love that show.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thinking about going back and re-watching Frasier. Haven't really seen it since I was a kid... didn't realize how many big guest "callers" were in it until recently.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Fraiser is a great show. Good to fall asleep to due to the muted color palette of the sets and Kelsey Grammar's smooth velvety voice.

My only beef with the show, and it is small, but it seems like there are a lot of episodes based on the premise that everyone needs to pretend to be someone they aren't for whatever reason (i.e. a character has to pretend to be gay, dating, related, etc.)

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Fraiser is a great show. Good to fall asleep to due to the muted color palette of the sets and Kelsey Grammar's smooth velvety voice.

My only beef with the show, and it is small, but it seems like there are a lot of episodes based on the premise that everyone needs to pretend to be someone they aren't for whatever reason (i.e. a character has to pretend to be gay, dating, related, etc.)

We love the show, we watch it over and over. I think it loses a little something when Daphne and Niles finally get together. Part of the shows charm was watching Niles lust after Daphne.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Watching the new season of House of Cards. No Kevin Spacey, but it’s still interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I finished “Jack Ryan” on Amazon Prime today. Thought it was pretty good and am looking forward to Season 2. We leave for vacation tomorrow and I’ve downloaded “Ozark” to my iPad.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The latest "Star Wars: the last Jedi" must have just been released on Netflix. I just watched & it was a solid "B+". They drew out the ending a bit much imo.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've been meaning to watch Daredevil and the 2nd season of Luke Cage. My wife just watched the goldbergs on hulu which I caught a few episodes. Seemed like a good family show.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife and I just discovered Justified on Prime. I also just returned from our office in Somerset, KY, and yep.... Justified may be a documentary.

Mostly kidding. Lots of good folks down that way. Lots of problems, too, but we have mostly the same up here.

Another +1 for Jack Ryan as well. Decent series, and looking forward to the next season.

I'll have to ask my wife what's on her playlist. Judging by the pics, I should be afraid. Very afraid. She is a bit of a murder mystery and/or slasher nut.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom