What Brand of Flashlight or Laser to you prefer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I ordered a couple of CREE and was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality considering the low cost. What do you feel is the best value Light or Laser?

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I use a lot of streamlight products. I use a TLR 1, a little micro light on my keychain and a single aaa light thats small enough to clip into molle webbing. It's an aluminum housing and seems to be really well built but $20 for a little isn't a super value. Best value Streamlight is the TLR 1. I've put it on rifles, pistols and shotguns, just have to clean the lense from all build up or the performance goes noticeably down. I use my fingernail to scrape it off.

I use a Tomahawk elbow light because it's easy to switch between red and white light and has blue also that i never really use. It's nice being able to lock it from coming on. They're expensive and I got it for free. FREE LIGHTS ARE THE BEST VALUE.

My favorite little light is actually an ITP SC2 Eluma. I haven't been able to find another one. It was a cheaper light. Probably the best value light I own. I've had it for years.

I use a bunch of headlamps also. The black diamond has the best features but I haven't torture tested it yet. The Surefire Minimus is awesome but not enough for me to justify the $. I have a little Princeton Tech that has the red lens that slides up and its alright, not a big fan, but have nothing bad to say about it. I have a Petzl that really is waterproof, I like it. I stay in the $40 area and try to snag them when they are on sale.

I have a cheapo light on my long rifle. Its a CR123 and almost too bright but I like it when I'm outside. I actually prefer my cheap no name light to the surefire scout but the scout has IR so sometimes I need it. The scout went through a tour in Afghanistan and now it's a little finicky. (Disclaimer: I don't have a CIB.)

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I have the luxury of handling lots of lights, as well as seeing what comes back for defect. So here's my quick run down.

1. Fenix: These have a really low fail rate, and have a really high performance. These also have a great warranty. Not the cheapest lights on the market, but not the most expensive. But they typically outperform more expensive lights in light output.
    2. Foursevens: Same idea as Fenix, I just personally like the Fenix a little better (personal preference, that's all), although we sell way more Foursevens lights than anything we stock combined.
    3. Elzetta: Not exactly cheap by any means, but there isn't a better built light on the market. I can't think of ever having on come back defective.
    4. Surefire: Also very well made, but expensive. Again, crazy low failure rate, great warranty.
    5. Streamlight: The high end ones that are still made in the states are good. The protac series is OK. Protac is Chinese made, so it shares the same quality as Fenix or Foursevens, but the Protacs have lower output.

We do get a fair amount of people trying to get us to fix their cheap lights that say CREE on them, several other variations. These have a cheap price point because they put cheap switches and cheap chips in them.

Now for a sales plug :). The link below is for the info on our July 4th sale.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ale-15%-off-plus-15%-off-clearance-items.html

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Can't go wrong with surefire, olight or fenix lights. I own multiples of each and I have no complaints on these brands.

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I have alot of streamlight products as well. I can't say they are better than others because I've never tried others. They have always been reliable for me both personally and in military.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I needed to save money when I got my first real flashlight. I picked up a 500 lumen Olight Warrior for half of what similar mfgs lights cost and it's robust, well built and works perfectly. It is Chinese made, so some will hate on it for that but not everything made there is crap, just like not everything made here is made of titanium laser etched and gold filigree'd. In short let your pocket book choose the right companies light, just do your due diligence and research the company before you buy.

Top Bottom