What brand of pickup truck do you drive?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand(s) of pickup truck do you drive?

• Total voters

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    First Ridgeline on the chart!
    2009 RTL

And the 2nd! 2006 RTL 130k miles. Ugly truck but really a fantastic and useful vehicle. Drives smoother than my Mercedes, goes through some crap off road, fits four adults easily and has a trunk. My daughter drives it to school (18miles each way) and I use it on weekends as my bird hunting vehicle.

It's an SUV with a P/U bed. I will get another one when this one is done but that's going to be a while.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I've owned 5 trucks in my life. First one was a little Chevy S10, then a full size Dodge. Got T-boned in that, and bought a Toyota Tundra with the suicide doors. Traded up and leased a beautiful Toyota Crew Cab Tundra. I loved that truck. Had all the bells and whistles. After the lease was up, I lost my way and bought a...Prius. I went in for an oil change less than a year later and ended up buying the new TRD Tacoma that was sitting on the showroom floor. I now feel whole again.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    The secret to longevity to any vehicle is synthetic oil and wix filters. Regular air filter(20,000 miles) changes only add to the number of trouble free miles.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am a GMC/Chevy fan. But I will admit that I once bought a little Dodge Dakota pickup truck. It was a nice little truck.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The secret to longevity to any vehicle is synthetic oil and wix filters. Regular air filter(20,000 miles) changes only add to the number of trouble free miles.

That's interesting... what makes synthetic the "secret to longevity"? Sure, it's better, but it is "better enough to make a difference"?

I've never run a wix filter, and never run synthetic unless the manual called for it, and I have 2 vehicles over 200K; coincidentally, it's my GMC truck that has 320k on it without ever having had synthetic or wix filters... just proper maintenance with the oil called for in the manual...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's interesting... what makes synthetic the "secret to longevity"? Sure, it's better, but it is "better enough to make a difference"?

I've never run a wix filter, and never run synthetic unless the manual called for it, and I have 2 vehicles over 200K; coincidentally, it's my GMC truck that has 320k on it without ever having had synthetic or wix filters... just proper maintenance with the oil called for in the manual...

Synthetic is better to a point. I do not run it in my as delivered vehicles but anything making power gets synthetic.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I have a '99 F250SD Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab short bed. It is a good truck but I miss my Dodge with the Cummins. It was by far a better motor. Better fuel mileage and cheaper to work on. I wanted to pay cash for a truck and Ford was the only truck with a true 4 door for the family. General Motors will NEVER darken my driveway, don't like the politics or the way that company does business. -Jason

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    2007.5 Dodge Ram with the 6.7 Cummins

Love the motor, no problems with transmission, hate the interior. It's not because it is plain and utilitarion, that part is fine. It just has too many rattles and creeks and squeaks. Speakers are almost unlistenable. Never wanted to spend much for a "system", but I want to keep this truck for a long while.

So I'll do some tuning and interior work come springtime.

I use Delo 400 and change it more often than I would with the Shell synthetic. Fuel filter gets changed after every other oil change.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I drive a little mazda hatchback daily, but when I need a truck it's a '78 Chevy. If I were to buy a new truck, half ton gas engine it'd be a GM. I would buy a half ton ecodiesel RAM before the GM though, had a customer drive from New Jersey towing a '69 Roadrunner and he averaged 27 mpg. And if I needed a heavy duty truck it's gonna be RAM with a cummins.

With the prices of new trucks though, I won't be getting rid of my old Chevy anytime soon...

Jon

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Voted Ford and Chevy. I have had 3 Ford 4x4's from F150's to F250's (currently driving a 150) and 4 Chevy 4x4's, all 1/2 tons. You couldn't give me a Dodge, but I have to say I honestly can't tell a lick of difference, other than styling between the two brands I have had. Both have been reliable. I have kept Chevy's the longest, though all have been kept for over 100K miles. The last Chevy I had I put 236,000 on it and then sold it. That was 2.5 years ago and I still see it going down the road each week.

Dirty Steve

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I voted for two. I have a F-350 crew cab 4X4 long bed diesel and a GMC 1500.
    :scratch: I'd have put you more in this:

Dodge-Ram-1500-Rumble-Bee-Concept-2013-08.jpg

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have an '01 Ram 1500 I purchased in '05 and it has been incredibly reliable. I have 92,500 miles on it and since I have owned it I have only done normal stuff (master cylinder, water pump, and brake lines) for a truck of that age. After 9+ years I don't see it leaving me anytime soon. Best vehicle I have ever owned by far.

Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    Have an 05 Dodge 1500 Tradesman long bed with a v6. The very basic of trucks. Has rubber floor mats & manual crank up windows. Who has those anymore? The price was right and it fit my needs. Used to own a GMC 4x4 extended cab long bed. Owned it for 10 years and never had a problem with it. Probably the best truck I ever owned till one of my kids killed it pulling out in front of a car. Luckily nobody was hurt but my truck was mortally wounded.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Synthetic is better to a point. I do not run it in my as delivered vehicles but anything making power gets synthetic.

Yes, it is absolutely better. But will better make a difference in your average daily driver? There is a threshold of what oil is acceptable in your vehicle, you manual will list what that is. Most oil you buy from reputable manufacturers is quite a bit higher grade than the minimum already. So stepping up even higher yet into the super premium stuff doesn't really make sense for most vehicles.

For things making power (lots of heat & pressure) yes, there are definite advantages to running a synthetic...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is anyone driving a Dodge with one of those new 9-speed transmissions? I've heard from some owners that they're getting really good mileage with them. If they prove to be reliable over the long term . . . I'll get one, as long as GM/Chevrolet or maybe Ford start using them too. Heh.

Top Bottom