• ...and so much more!
  • crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Hello INGO,

Just wanted to strike up a conversation about guns that might disappear/stop production overtime and become collectable. The FS2000 when it first came out you could not give that giant tuna gun away. They were cheap, and people chalked them up as a waste and no need. Now since FNH has stopped producing them, they have become quite the collectable. My thoughts are anything that is not a regular AR platform such as the AUG, SCAR, ACR, ARX100, XCR, etc... are going to be, someday, collectable. I also believe certain guns such as the FAL, G3, AES10B RPK, etc... might even stop production and become collectable items due to kits drying up or what have ya.

So what say some people on INGO? Any predictions as to what guns may stop production in the future either by lack of sales or importation? Of course I DO NOT wish for ANY gun to not be produced but these things unfortunately happen.

Jason

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, anyone having a 'good bead' on future collectibles is probably doing the wise thing, buying them up him / her self while the arms are still at 'giveaway' prices.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Well I'm hoping my Arsenal SGL-21 may someday become collectible. If it doesn't oh well I really like the gun.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Anything Colt made because they can't be bailed out all the time

Anything Remington made because they're horrible business people and Wal Mart will eventually buy them and rename the company Wal-Arms

And probably those double barrel 1911s

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I have been able to get some guns at great prices that nobody really wants such as an ACR for $1150. I happen to love the ACR but with the way Remington has handled the situation it may stop production one day. Then everyone seems to love the gun after it is gone. Just an example

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That stupid see-through Taurus.

The Taurus View was discontinued earlier this month.

I was disappointed. I had intended to get one, just as a collectible. (seriously)

It's funny to me that the Taurus View is featured on the front cover of several different "xxxxxxx xxxxxx Guide to Concealed Carry" type magazines on the newsstand right now, but the gun itself is history.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Usually the low production guns end up being collectible. Like the Taurus View.
    If you can find one, get it, and don't shoot it. Condition is everything.

Also, any guns that are made as "collectibles" are rarely (if ever) desired as a truly collectible.

Still can't go wrong with the pre-1986 "preban imports" like the Belgian made FN FAL's, German made HK91/93/94, original Steyr AUG, FN MAS, etc...

Top Bottom