• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Just curious if anybody got any deals or found what they where looking for?

I am going tomorrow so hopefully I will have a pic to post post of my new P3AT or LCP.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well just back from the 1500. I went looking for one of those 50 dollar full auto Glocks,they must have been sold out because I could not find one:dunno:
    Ammo prices where ....well insane. I saw 223 and 7.62x39 for 50 dollars more than Bradis sells them for(per case).Ak mags prices where just silly(cheapest was 20 dollars that I saw).Grumpe picked up a few Beretta mags,and I picked up an AR pistol buffer tube. 899 was cheapest AR I saw with most around 1100.00. Ak prices where 600+ with the acception of one Saiga I saw for 479(was a single stack one),most the aks where 650+...saw a MAC 90 for 1100! Feeding frenzy was in full effect.
    Oh,as noted by Chef ,Grumpe and I got there around 3:30 and we have been to nearly every 1500 for the last 7 years...the LINE was at least 2 blocks long...all the way past the side gate when we got there.Took around 45 min to get in.Longest line ever at any 1500.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I agree with smokingman, I got there at 3:00 and was all the way around the building and almost to the stop light!! Insanely crowded, and hard to manuver. Checked in with Phylodog, as usual and couldn't really find anything worth purchasing. :dunno:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    11.5" LMT Flat-top Upper with YHM phantom suppressor & brand new FN complete bolt assembly and charging handle ------ $400 out the door.

Brand new Colt 602 slick side complete upper with charging handle (no bolt) -------- $250 out the door.

6 Factory Colt brand new 32rd 9mm AR mags ---------- $300 out the door.

2 castle nuts and 2 end plates ----------- $16 out the door.

Seeing old friends ---------- priceless!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I didn't think the pricing was outrageous giving the social climate. I did see some sig 556's for sale that I thought were a good deal but the wife probably wouldn't see it that way. AR's were plentiful the biggest price gouge I saw was the concessions, $7 for a ghetto a$$ tenderloin:xmad: but I digress, the only thing I actually bought was fudge for my wife because there wasn't really anything there I wanted that I couldn't get in town.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Got there a little after 5. Walked right in. Had to hike in from the west end of the fairgrounds. Was told that at 2pm the line to get in stretched all the way to the other pavillion (west) where the smaller shows were held. Walking around a semi deserted fairgounds in the dark to get back to the car forced me to buy a gun. Be prepared for crowds and a long walk

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I got there at 230 and it was around 1 hr to get in it was my first time on a friday and i figured there would be less a croud but boy was i wrong ammo was outrages and anything tactical was very high i even saw a guy carring a saiga 12 ga i ask how much and he said 1200 he ask if i wanted to see it and i said "no im good" i did find xdms for 565

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm gonna be at the fairgrounds tomorrow anyway for the fly fishing show, the store I work at is one of the sponsors. How much is admission, guys? Never been to a 1500.

I'm looking for a stripped lower, would like an Armalite if I can. Any point going, in all honesty?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    We went an aside from having to push a stroller through the mess it wasn't that bad. I expected much much worse. We got there at 2 and waited in line for about 25 mins. We started at the main entrance (the double drive that goes by Hook's). Prices were high but if you thought they wouldn't be you were dreaming. Plenty of guns to be had for a fair price but I seldom looked at semi-auto's today. There were some places selling uppers w/ barrels for the $330's but the bolt and charging handle was another hundred. Still not a bad deal if you save shipping (I am unsure of brands, so they may not be a great deal if it is cheap ****).

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i did pick up a hornady handloading book so mabye ill quit asking so many handloading questions either that or it will be so far over my head ill swamp you folks with questions

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I got ahold of a Kahr K9 with a matte black finish. My friend Travis picked up a brand new Glock 21SF with piccatanny rail, laser mounted on the rail, 2 hi cap mags, houge rubber finger groove slip on grips, mounted along with a slug plug, he also had truglo tritum's brand new installed by the Glock guy at the show, along with a new trigger that has a safety button inside the trigger that locks up the trigger when not in use. The trigger was 70 dollars, the tru glos were 125 with free installation, the gun was 500 even. Brand new.
    Along with the additional cost of the houges and slug plug.

Last edited:

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I picked up a feed tube and barrel bands for my 1906, it may work, it may not. I also snagged a cool t-shirt and some other tid bits.

For the life of me I could not find the INGO hats ?

Ammo was higher than walmart, but I picked up some Hornaday CD ammo for me 380 since wally world does not even sell it,$22 for a box of 25...ouch.

I saw 2 Glock 19's, just two. None used. Nothing under $500. I looked really hard at the Kel tec P-11 for under $250 and am pondering just going that route.

I did see some HK P-7's for under $700, but that whole $50 magzine scares me...Not that I could feel good about carrying a gun that spendy, I am hard on stuff.

In the end I may just get a CCW holster for the 38 J frame Charter that sits in the night stand for winter use and see how that goes.

Top Bottom