What do you add to your hamburger before grilling?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    What do you add to your raw hamburger before grilling?

I like to add some finely diced onion, some pepper and sometimes some jalapeno.

Now what I add to the top after cooking is a different story.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Love... and salt. I'm not one to add much to any good beef other than salt.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I add one package of Lipton Onion dry soup mix per one pound of ground beef and maybe a little pepper..........that is all and they taste great!!! :rockwoot:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    When I was a restaurant mgr. we would make a daily, "gourmet burger". We ground our steak scraps to make ground beef and we would mix in differnt ingredients depending on the burger. Some ingredients that come to mind are, bacon, bleu cheese and others, bell peppers, onion, garlic, and I'm sure there was alot more. Season, grill and enjoy...

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't do beef, but I do do ground turkey burgers. When I fry them in the pan, I like to take a cup-o-soup packet of onion soup and mix it in. Next time, I think I'll add some soy sauce as well, see if I can raise the juiciness quotient.

My first idea got ninjaed by jdude. :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a fairly large spice collection. Rarely are my burgers the same twice, but I do like using ranch dip powder.

Im the same. I cook like my grandma (a little of this, a little of that, etc, etc) so its never the same. The wife will take a bite of whatever and say "OMG, this is awesome! Wait, you didnt measure did you? [insert the rant of a sailor here]. :dunno:

For my burgers I only use chuck on the grill. less flame ups. I tend to mix in Worcestershire and BBQ sauce, along with dried minced onions (they reconstitute in the beef) and LOTS of seasoned salt and cracked pepper during cooking.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I'm a little late to the party but here goes. Sea salt, fresh ground pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and Webers Ultimate Burger seasoning.
    Great with deer burger.

Top Bottom