• ...and so much more!
  • phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    WL police investigate armed robbery on Vine Street | wlfi.com

Summary: guys walks out of liquor store off Purdue's campus (not university property), gets a handgun stuck in his face and is robbed of his wallet contents. Bad guy turns and runs off into the shadows.

What do YOU do? Guy has a piece in your face demanding the wallet in your pocket, which is just below your (insert CCW brand here).

This isn't the first one of these situations to happen around here lately. I yield the floor...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    WL police investigate armed robbery on Vine Street | wlfi.com

Summary: guys walks out of liquor store off Purdue's campus (not university property), gets a handgun stuck in his face and is robbed of his wallet contents. Bad guy turns and runs off into the shadows.

What do YOU do? Guy has a piece in your face demanding the wallet in your pocket, which is just below your (insert CCW brand here).

This isn't the first one of these situations to happen around here lately. I yield the floor...

If I had the floor, I would hit him with it! :):

Seriously, the problem is that if the BG already has the drop on you, chances are he can put a couple more pounds of pressure on the trigger before you can acquire target and do likewise. I am going to step out on a limb and suggest that situational awareness is your friend and that you will not have this problem if you are paying sufficient attention that a BG does not get within arm's reach of your face with a gun in hand as you get caught completely flat-footed with the threat until you are in the predicament you described.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sign up for the next class that BBI and Coach puts together and you will be surprised at how many options you have besides giving him your wallet.

THIS! EXCELLENT class, cheap at twice the price.

Yes, there are sometimes where you simply have no choice, but there are typically several options if you feel you can take them. But sometimes it is indeed prudent to let the scum walk with your replaceable possessions. ESPECIALLY if you carry AIWB, you should attend this course. As I recall there was at least one of our classmates who entered convinced appendix was best, yet left seriously reconsidering his position on the matter. (you have fewer options and pretty much are stuck with the "give him your stuff" option.)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    These ****ing morons need to get their asses laid (lain?) out, regularly. These aren't "pranks" like they call them. They're ****ing stupidity.

You pick a fight? You need to get the **** beat out of you. Narcissistic youtube culture sucks.

Somebody didnt watch till the end...

Most of these videos eventually end up with them getting laid out, a gun pulled on them, etc. SOME people simply dont put up with this crap.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Can't remember the last time I was in a liquor store after it got dark. Plan accordingly to avoid certain areas after the sun goes down.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    Can't remember the last time I was in a liquor store after it got dark. Plan accordingly to avoid certain areas after the sun goes down.

If there was ever such a place to feel comfortable buying alcohol after dark, this would be the place. It's one full block from campus bars and surrounded by student housing. These kids should be able to feel safe around here. Last night the campus Dairy Queen was robbed by a man with a sliver gun, who knows if these two events are related. These things seem to happen in waves around here, then it's cool for a while.

A lot of people talk all big out there, but most here are at least realistic because they've thought situations like this out already before they've left the house carrying a handgun. Things are changing out there. Better be ready with an answer.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    ...A lot of people talk all big out there, but most here are at least realistic because they've thought situations like this out already before they've left the house carrying a handgun. Things are changing out there. Better be ready with an answer.

And that, in and of itself, is a big advantage. SA isn't always about avoiding situations all together.

Top Bottom