• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Part of the family we can trace back to the 1500's. As far as American history ancestors, I had a distant relative on the mayflower. At least 3 who fought in the revolution for the United States. Indian fighters and westward pioneers. Gold rush partakers. Civil war soldiers on both sides. And so on. We have recently uncovered even more.
    i truly enjoy doing the research and discovering the history of my ancestry.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My maternal grandmother came here from Germany in the 40's I believe... don't know much beyond that

My maternal grandfather was 1/8 American Indian, making me 1/32 American Indian (of traceable heritage, I'm sure many of us have American Indian that we aren't aware of running through our veins).

My paternal side traces all the way back to France in the 1840's but I've been told that my surname is somewhat common in the Croatia/Yugoslavia area. I think prior to France my ancestors bearing that name may have come from that area but haven't really tried to trace it any further than France.

My wife's maternal grandmother is a descendent of Gen. Custer's brother (making General Custer a great, great, great uncle to my wife).

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I wanted to do this for my kids. To show them their past and help them learn history. All of my wifes family came over from Germany after WWII, hers is easy to trace. Been a few years since I put any effort into it but, Internet work and finding other relatives also doing geneology have showed me my side of the family is 75-80% German/Prussian and what I thought was the rest of it coming from England/Ireland/Scotland. The last time I spent a day digging thru records at the main library in Ft Wayne I found that at least 1 line of my ancestors came from France, were traders/trappers in the early Indiana territory and married into the local Miami tribe. 2 sources comfirm the link but with slight difference in actual ties. I need to check various spellings of certain tribal names. Chief Little Turtle is either my 10th Great-Grandfather (possible) or his dad is 11th Great-Grandfather and Little Turtle is my 10th Great-Uncle.

One other amazing fact I found is many of my relatives were born prematurely. It is amazing how many 1st-born kids, in almost every generation, were born LESS than 9 months after their Mom & Dad got married. :naughty: ...Just saying....

Not me, I was born 11 months after the wedding:)

Top Bottom