• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    just what the title says. i see alot iof threads on here people either asking for opinions or help. and someone always has to put buy a glock. so my opinion is shoot a 1911 and a month later see if you still have it.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Personally, I do prefer my glock, which I see is clearly against your opinion, but I enjoy everything about my g29. I understand that if somehow I ran out of ammo I don't have much weight to hit anyone with lol, but I enjoy how easy it is to carry and how I have never had a problem with one. Along with like you say in your signature, they are much less of a pain on my wallet.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I prefer ALL guns. I can find something to enjoy about pretty much anything I've ever picked up and if I could afford to own them and shoot them all, I would. That said, go to carry is a Glock 27 (has also been a S&W 686). The 1911 usually stays at home.

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I have not really found a plastic gun to fit right in my hand and feel good, I do like the feel of my SR9 though. In general I love the way a 1911 feels, especially Kimber's. I've had too many friends have problems with Glocks, including a misfire just by pulling back the slide and allowing it to chamber a round that barely missed my foot by a sheriff deputy in IL (G17 Gen I if I remember right) and the guy who was field stripping his G30 at the 1500 (dealer next to him said magazine was on the floor). Maybe I'm just biased but I trust what feels good in my hand and is safe.....

IN1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Lol, I tried that and now I own two 1911's and two Glocks. My love for the 1911 will never go away. There is something to be said for a design that has gone, for the most part, unchanged for 100 years and is still very popular today.

That said, new designs are always being created and worth taking a look at. I have owned a couple M&P's, Sigs, revolvers and other types and I kind of settled on Glock. By that I mean I can get a pistol that carries great, shoots well, reliable, inexpensive, and the aftermarket is endless so parts/mags are cheap. I don't feel undergunned carrying a 9mm and I don't feel like I am carrying a one shot stop deal when I carry my .45 1911, there are limitations with every platform out there, you just have to choose what works for you.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    There's a certain pride and confidence associated with having a piece of history strapped on. 1911, accept no substitutes.

:popcorn:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    \ Maybe I'm just biased but I trust what feels good in my hand and is safe.....

I wouldn't go as far as saying glocks aren't safe, but I understand from your experiences your bias.
    OP if you so very much enjoy the feel of a 1911 and have not found a "plastic" gun that you like, may I suggest holding a M&P firearm. With my very limited experience, I have found that they fit most closely to the 1911s rather than the other "plastic" guns.
    btw: glock 30sf FTW!! :rockwoot:

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I am a huge fan of the 1911, but they are not for everyone. I say, find one that fits you and shoots good for you and go with it. There is nothing wrong with either one.

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    1911's are my favorite by far. Just bought a sig today for my daughter its a 22 cal. . Shes 9 and is my little annie oakley. 45 cal. Is to much for her but she not scared of it. I have had a glock22 but it was stolen. There is nothing wrong with either one

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    Like gunman41mag has already said, a Glock is a tool. I use my Glock 26 for carry. If I was at the range and there was a beautiful Springfield 1911 mil spec sitting next to a Glock 26 I will reach for the 1911 every time, first.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry but I think this "choice" is BS. Pick one of your children to get rid of :D

Okay, it isn't quite like that. But I still don't know why I have to pick a team. I have some 1911s, I have some tupperware guns. I enjoy shooting all of them. The 1911s might be more fun to shoot at the range. But if I knew I was going into a multiple intruder situation it would be hard to not choose the Glock 22 to carry.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Sorry but I think this "choice" is BS. Pick one of your children to get rid of :D

But I still don't know why I have to pick a team.
    You don't. 1911 vs Glock is just another example of the failed 2 party system. Own both and you may be ostracized. Own neither and you must be gay.

The gun platform of choice for my family and extended family is Glock. Within that group you will also find 1911's, Revolvers, Sigs and Keltecs if you look.

I think there is a big difference betwen picking a platform for your familys survival and the one and no other choice for an individual.

Top Bottom