• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am setting up a vehicle chest rig to keep handy in the car. I don't currently plan to keep a rifle in the car at all times, so I am trying to figure out what other useful items I could put in the HSGI Rifle Tacos besides rifle mags. I have 3 rifle Tacos, 3 pistol Tacos, and a soft taco on the rig right now and don't want to change the pouches.
    I think I am going to make the soft taco a med kit (or fill it with a medical insert), put pistol mags in the pistol tacos, and keep one rifle pouch open for my cell phone (an idea I got from someone on here actually) so that I can keep 911 on speaker phone if needed. What else can you think of to put in the other two rifle tacos?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I prefer beef tacos...with spicey beef + a bit of lettuce, layered in cheese, some onions, very few tomatoes, medium salsa...all folded up in a soft taco shell and devoured! Yum Yum

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Traditional... Two layers yellow corn tortilla oiled and semi crisped, steak, onion, cilantro, squeeze on lime juice, and salt to taste.

If Americanized... Hard shell, seasoned beef, lettuce, shredded extra sharp cheddar, capped off with a skim of refined beans.

Oh wait...

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Great answers so far, keep 'em coming.

But really...
    I found that MS Clean makes a magazine med kit (that I would strip and rebuild for my purpose) that could go in one rifle taco. I could then use the soft taco for a holster and would just have one other rifle taco I could utilize.

Any real ideas?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Great answers so far, keep 'em coming.

But really...I found that MS Clean makes a magazine med kit (that I would strip and rebuild for my purpose) that could go in one rifle taco. I could then use the soft taco for a holster and would just have one other rifle taco I could utilize.

Any real ideas?

Glad to see you're thinkin' medical too...I was a volunteer EMT for 25 years and there's really only two (2) things that are key to preserving life in the field and they are: 1) Stopping blood loss and dealing with hypovolemic shock, Hypovolemic Shock: Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis and 2) Respiratory breathing if someone is not breathing on their own...stabilizing broken bones is important...and everything else is just first aid!

There are a few guys on here who address medical items in your BOB...might be good to check on a few of their threads to see what, exactly, they suggest?

Survival and Disaster Preparedness

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Skirt steak marinated in adobo and lime juice and then grilled and chopped. Salsa verde, cilantro, white onion, and a squeeze of lime to finish.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I try to work in a bottle of water me with a "sports drink mix packet" into my pouches along with a pack of skittles, but I have used a rifle taco for that. I assume it will fit, providing the bottle of water is the right size.

brogers261990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Flora
    It seems like you are set with the pistol and medical "tacos." If you are not looking to keep a rifle around, then I would suggest something for light, communication, or medical as pistols are typically used as backup firearms.

Top Bottom