• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've seen bowling pins, clay pigeons, etc. Myself I grew up shooting bottles and cans. Not too long ago we put a few mags of 5.56 through my father-in-law's Gateway 2000 before we took it to the scrapyard. Another fun time we shot up some expired pop. Hitting a case of Pepsi with a round of 12 gauge is hilarious.

Just looking for something unique and or interesting . . . cheap and environmentally friendly are good, as well. :D

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    At our annual family Turkey Shoot (day after Thanksgiving), we shoot pumpkins, generic soda 2 litres, life size silhouettes, empty cans of various sizes. In the summer time we'll shoot stuff floating down White River, it runs behind my dad's house.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cheap store brand diet orange soda is my fav.. 2 liter. Cans. Whatever. The orange splash is easy to see and diet soda doesn't attract ants so much and isn't sticky. In case you're close enough for that to matter.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Not too long ago we put a few mags of 5.56 through my father-in-law's Gateway 2000 before we took it to the scrapyard.

I've shot several computer towers, one a Gateway 2000 running Windows Millennium Edition. Felt so good to finally kill that worthless POS computer

Depending on the time of the year, I shoot pumpkins and have used old shotgun loads as targets (get a board, stick the shell through a hole, and aim for the primer), it's fun to set them off.

Mainly shoot steel targets anymore

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've seen bowling pins, clay pigeons, etc. Myself I grew up shooting bottles and cans. Not too long ago we put a few mags of 5.56 through my father-in-law's Gateway 2000 before we took it to the scrapyard. Another fun time we shot up some expired pop. Hitting a case of Pepsi with a round of 12 gauge is hilarious.

Just looking for something unique and or interesting . . . cheap and environmentally friendly are good, as well. :D

58GMB026jpg.jpg

18835_large.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Every spring we drag out the 22s and shoot Easter eggs. Boil them up, color them and then shoot them. Tradition that stems from when we were kids. Used to hide real eggs at church and did not want to ezt them after being out in the sun. Hard boiled eggs blow up when you shoot them with the 22.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sylvain;5262438[IMG said:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/cayugad/Traditional%20rifles/58GMB026jpg.jpg[/IMG]

18835_large.jpg

I also use the paper plate. Works great hanging on a recycled USPSA target.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Last year we couldn't sell back my son's math book because it was being updated. So I let him go at it with a 15-22. He had a blast.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    At our annual family Turkey Shoot (day after Thanksgiving), we shoot pumpkins, generic soda 2 litres, life size silhouettes, empty cans of various sizes. In the summer time we'll shoot stuff floating down White River, it runs behind my dad's house.

Used to shoot just south of 465 on White river back in the '70's. Shot a "empty" propane torch tank floating down the river. It spun up and came after us!
    These days just paper and steel.

Matt

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I only got to do it once, so far, but I shot a warehouse ceiling full of 12ga buckshot, at the warehouse managers request!

Let me explain.
    I was home warm and cozy late one Saturday evening when my cell phone rang. It was one of my repeat customers who had long ago also become a friend.
    He had a unique problem.
    One of his warehouses full of multi-millions of dollars of equipment had had a roof collapse. Seems the snow had drifted against a false-front wall and collected to a depth of about 3.5 FEET!
    It was a little more than the ceiling panels of the flat roof were designed for. The girders were in tact, but several of the panels gave way. They didn't come all the way down, but rather sagged about 4 feet or so between the main beams.
    My customer/buddy got me in there and explained that he was concerned that when the snow started to melt, it would all slide down into the depressions and he was afraid of the roof coming the rest of the way down.
    He knew I carried a gun, so he saked me to use my pistol to ventilate the roof, giving the melt somewhere to run off.

I told him I could not comply with his request. I was carrying a 5 shot .357 magnum, and while I was confident that it would put holes in the roof, I told him there was an apartment complex just 50 yards outside the warehouse wall, and I was not going to take that chance.

I talked him into letting me go back home and returning with a Mossberg 500 12ga pump. I walked around the one end of that warehouse pumping one round after another into the ceiling, with a warehouse full of second shift workers for an audience.
    I was on retainer for "building maintenance" at the time, and he even reimbursed me for a box of 00 Buck.

I now tell people I have been hired gun.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    Paper mostly these days. When I was a kid we shot anything we could. Personal favorite was an old mailbox my brother and I cut to pieces with .22s one weekend. There wasn't much left when we were through with it.

Blowing up milk jugs with muzzleloaders was a lot of fun too.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I really enjoy H2 Baby Boomers and half pounders. Great reactionary targets. Tannerite is pretty good too.

All of this and a lot more is available from Hoosierdoc...great guy!

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I haven't tried it yet, but ive always wanted to put tannerite onto cheap remote controlled boats and put in a pond and have someone drive em back and forth like a shooting gallery. you might even stun some fish and catch your dinner while you're at it!

Top Bottom