• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    To each their own; not necessarily the sharpest tool in the drawer but whatever. When I open carry it's for comfort.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I don't open carry and I don't try to hard to conceal. jeans with a log tail t-shirt. If it prints, so be it, but its covered so most folks don't notice.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am not a fan of "troll carry" either,but I do like the point that OC makes,in that it raises awareness that a man with a gun is not usually a bad thing!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not a fan of "troll carry".
    $T2eC16NHJIkE9qU3jc4dBQMte!Zv8!~~60_35.JPG

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    If you OC a handgun, that is one thing, and to each their own. But walking around a city with an AR, even if it is your right, will attract LEO attention -- and rightly so -- when they could be spending their time doing something more productive, IMHO. Unless, of course, our cities become war zones and carrying long guns becomes necessary.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Doesn't do anything but hassle the police and hurt our cause. I think it's justifiable when done during pro-2A protests though. On you average day? Certainly bad form. No problem with OC of handguns any time though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I OC because it's comfortable and allows me the best access to my EDC should I need it. I CC when I feel I need to be more discreet. I don't use any method of carry to purposely attract attention of any kind. When I OC I make it a point to be dressed presentably and as always act professional. "Troll Carry", while perfectly legal, detracts from the image of responsible gun ownership and does nobody any favors.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I OC because it's comfortable and because I like to be honest with everyone around me. I don't want to hide the fact that I'm armed from those around me, so that if they are uncomfortable with that fact they can leave the area, or they can ask me to leave if they have the authority to do so. The funny thing is that since I have been carrying openly, the most attention that I have attracted has been from my friends who fear that me carrying openly will attract attention. The general public and LEOs alike don't really seem to care.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I OC because Its my GD Right, whether its my USP or a Mortar its my right; its not a priveledge, or something I have to ask permission for; Its not something I do or into that I should feel ashamed or hide. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed is not the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed so long as you dont make waves.

I don't care if it scares the sheeple or makes the police have to work, or doesnt fit in with someones social agenda. A right not exercised is a right lost.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I like it when people exercise their right to carry openly. I strongly support that right. I find it to be extremely important to my own style.

Personally I prefer to carry my Colt Combat Elite, loaded with .45 cal Hornady Critical Defense hollow points, concealed in an Israeli made vertical shoulder holster, usually under an open shirt or jacket. I carry that way because it's extremely comfortable, doesn't drag my pants down, and while the bad guys are busy shooting at the open carriers who represent the obvious threat to them, I can more accurately aim at and shoot the bad guys. As an added plus the sheeple tend not to urinate/defecate on themselves quite so much, leaving the air much less unpleasant to breathe.

Distraction yields more time to aim. More time to aim yields better shot placement. Better shot placement yields a better success rate. All before the odor of the sheeple, realizing they live in the real world after all, reaches my nostrils. And that, my friends, is a good thing.

Not to worry, volunteer targets, I will do my best to shoot them before they shoot you. I prefer to reuse bait whenever possible.

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    God has endowed us with five fingers on each hand. Itzhak Perlman makes beautiful music with his digits, but some people primarily use them to pick their noses.

Sure, people have rights. That doesn't stop them from being morons, or exercising their rights in a way that informs the whole world what morons they are.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am a fan of carrying, period. I'm not a fan of theatrics and tricks to get the police on camera. It is good when they run into officers who know what's going on and make them look stupid.

Top Bottom