What do you think the biggest threat to Hoosiers is?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you believe to be the most likely disaster?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'll adjust this poll as necessary, but I wanted to get a feel for what you are all prepping for.

If you have suggestions on things to add to the poll let me know and I'll get them added to the 2.0 version of this thread.

thanks.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I answered as to what I a preparing for... Of course we have our tornados I live in Tornado Alley up here but my prepping would cover that anyway. My biggest fear is what is going to happen when TSHTF and Indy's finest residents and Chicago's finest decide that us coubtry folks have what they need.

I live on a reasonably self-sufficent homestead so a good part of my preps are focused towards survival of my faily and friends and protection of what is mine.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I picked civil unrest. Prepping for that should leave me well prepared for severe winter storms, tornados, and floods, which I think are more likely threats, but not as serious.

Course, I live in a trailer, so if a tornado hits us directly, our supplies (and us along with them) are liable to scattered all over town. :(

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I picked civil unrest. Prepping for that should leave me well prepared for severe winter storms, tornados, and floods, which I think are more likely threats, but not as serious.

Course, I live in a trailer, so if a tornado hits us directly, our supplies (and us along with them) are liable to scattered all over town. :(

I spent 13 of the first 18 years of my life in a mobile home down in Greenwood. The tornado that ripped the roof off the high school and nearby furniture store also knocked one of my mom's friend's trailers on its side. Everything that was in her trailer was neatly planted on the wall instead of the floor... and not even one piece of her china in her china cabinet broke. Of course, her neighbor's trailer was completely flattened. We only lived two streets over and had no damage at all.

Anyway, telling you all that to let you know it's possible your belongings won't be scattered all over town. :):

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    While tornadoes are more common, they are mostly limited in scope. Tornadoes can affect a large portion of a state, but more likely they are isolated incidents. Civil unrest, on the other hand, will start in the major metropolitan areas, and then spread out from there along the major lines of travel (I-69, 70, 65), affecting a larger number of people.

Tornadoes are a disaster for families, neighborhoods, and small communities, while civil unrest is a disaster for wide portions of a state or interstate region.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Tornadoes? Those happen all the time. I see a tornado, I know pretty much how to avoid it, even moving at 70, 80mph.

An earthquake, right below my feet?

I'm ******.

And for those of us down here in North Kentucky, we're RIGHT on the New Madrid Fault. So wait for it. This is going to get epic at some point.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Prepare for everything. But down here in morgan county's tornado alley seems like the wind will get you sooner or later. Most threats to me are similar to prepare for except bio/nuclear and i only no one person who is prepared for that.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I pick tornados, with floods second and man made disaster third. In the time I've worked disaster services and SAR I have responded to a dozen tornados and three floods. I know what is shipped OTR and via rail around and through this state and I am frankly not surprised we haven't had more chem spills/evac. The very first week I worked as an EMT up in Indy was when that f-14 crashed into the Ramada Inn next to the airport. My first experience with a mass casualty incident (though there were surprisingly few casualties).

I don't worry about civil unrest, that's one reason I live in the least populated part of the state.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I voted civil unrest because I feel it is the greater long term threat to deal with. Tornados are a given and I hope to be prepped for them as well but cilvil unrest from financial disaster or natural disaster with lack of food and supplies is something I fear more and a larger long term threat.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    False-flag "terrorist" action carried out by the New World Order, followed by the civil unrest and martial law - tyranny that will be brought upon us.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    My first vote is for tornadoes, followed by floods, and then a man caused disaster also. The first two are the ones that seem to happen with regularity, while the last one could pop-up with little to no warning leaving very little reaction time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom