• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    :dunno:hopefully they come out swinging and not give in to the idea of limited mag capacity. For some reason i have a bad feeling about what we will here tomorrow morning at 10:45.

The NRA has no problem tossing gun owners under the bus whenever it doesn't suit their legislative agenda.

I much prefer the GOA - less wussy and more serious.

Now is not the time to cave - now is the time to double-down.
    Never relinquish; never surrender. From our cold, dead hands.

Or we will soon be re-living Warsaw, Poland; 1943.

BanditRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Lake County
    While the NRA might not always please it's members, it is the loudest voice in Washington. I have faith in the organization tonight, tomorrow will be interesting to say the least. Either way I would love to see them get more aggressive in the media. I realize they do a lot of work behind the scenes, but I'm sick and tired of watching the Libs. dictate the tone on the national news.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    There is only one thing they can say that is that they support stricter background checks to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals.

Sounds good but how?

The system worked. The nutjob was denied a firearm. SO he murdered his mother and stole hers.

Nothing they could do about background checks would fix that. Nothing.

They should come out saying: Arm teachers. Eliminate victim disarmament zones.

The NRA will, most likely, come out compromising as usual.

I expect them to say they want better (read no more medical privacy) back ground checks and possibly wanting assault weapons classified as NFA items.

I don't see them doing the right thing. Not with their track record.

I hope I'm wrong.

If they do throw gun owners under the bus (as they have before), I hope all of the nra apologists start canceling their memberships and joing the SAF and GOA.

Vote with your wallet after their announcement tomorrow.

Until then join:

Second Amendment Foundation Online
    Gun Owners of America

Both memberships combined are less than the one year nra full price membership. We need every group we can fighting FOR us.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Offer free training through NRA-certified instructors for school administrators and teachers?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Don't confuse kindness for weakness. They need the support of the people. Giving a heart felt speech about being sick over the tragedy isn't giving in, it is damage control from what the media has been reporting for days. Offering alternatives like free CCW to any teacher who wants to learn would go a long way. They may not be the best group out there, but they are the ONLY group with enough power to worry the elected officials. GOA is a no compromise group, but elected officials don't fear them due to their small membership size and will not draft legislation to please them. The NRA however caused the biggest loss in one election possibly in history to the democratic party, and it was definitely due to the actions of the NRA.

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Don't confuse kindness for weakness. They need the support of the people. Giving a heart felt speech about being sick over the tragedy isn't giving in, it is damage control from what the media has been reporting for days.

Well said - I think we will all be suprised at what the NRA will say
    I'm sure it's to some degree compliance and support for some type of gun control /ban?

Top Bottom