• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    i have used Moldex Pura-fit 6900 (foam) NRR 33 rating almost exclusively for the past 10 plus years. These are the same ones I use at work as we are required to always wear hearing protection. I also use these when mowing and weed eating. They work very well. I have my hearing checked yearly as required by my job and all the data continues to show no hearing change other than normal as I get older.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I use Peltor Combat Ear plugs. I don't like the electronic ones, but I use a map and compass instead of gps. They never run out of batteries. Old school here and it works.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    WHAT? Who needs ear plugs? Will you have ear protection on during a real fight? Train like you fight. I did use the electronic HL's, have upgraded to the Peltors. If you are going to wear them for classes you really need electronic units or at least the sure fires, but those don't fit my irregular ear hole shape.:)

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I use the Howard Leight Impact muffs. I can't stand ear plugs has they annoy me immensely and the HL's aren't that expensive compared to some other electronic ears on the market. I think I paid less than $50 for mine off of Amazon.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    Cigarette butts... just kidding, Green Foamies outdoors and Foamies and Noise Cancelling over them indoors. I work with too many half deaf folks to play games with my ears.

Top Bottom