What do your wives/fiancés/ girlfriends/better halves carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I agree with 88GT. I carry both ways depending on where I am going. My purse is designed for cc and I am happy with its style and comfort for carrying. I also have practiced opening the compartment that holds my gun and making sure I can access my gun if needed. I also like that it will take a full size 45 with no problem at all. I also like the fact that I can lock that compartment if I am going to be somewhere where small children will be present and I would need to set my purse down or hang it on a chair such as a baby shower, bridal shower or family type gathering.

My purse has a reinforced strap so that a person couldn't just cut through it and take it.

I can't see how this is any less accessible than when women carry a gun in their bra or in a belly band, which I assume would have to go under your clothes to not be seen. I still have not quite figured out how that works or how they feel safe carrying that way. I have mine either tucked in a holster on my waistband or in my purse....or both.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Taurus is in the "purse" (which is really a Maxpedition bag). Glock is on the hip in a Serpa. The purse carry means I am always armed because sometimes I just don't put on the Glock. The Glock means I am better armed and able to exert positive public relations at the same time.

I'd like to see the stats on the problems with purse carry though. To date, I've read a lot of anecdotal stories of women defending themselves with the firearms in their purses. Not so many stories of the women who became victims because the gun in the purse wasn't deployed in time. Even fewer stories of the purses snatched with firearms in them. I'd bet money police have more firearms stolen than women.

I agree with 88GT. I carry both ways depending on where I am going. My purse is designed for cc and I am happy with its style and comfort for carrying. I also have practiced opening the compartment that holds my gun and making sure I can access my gun if needed. I also like that it will take a full size 45 with no problem at all. I also like the fact that I can lock that compartment if I am going to be somewhere where small children will be present and I would need to set my purse down or hang it on a chair such as a baby shower, bridal shower or family type gathering.

My purse has a reinforced strap so that a person couldn't just cut through it and take it.

I can't see how this is any less accessible than when women carry a gun in their bra or in a belly band, which I assume would have to go under your clothes to not be seen. I still have not quite figured out how that works or how they feel safe carrying that way. I have mine either tucked in a holster on my waistband or in my purse....or both.

Thanks for the education ladies. Carry on!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If I can't get my gun out fast enough, I can always just whack them in the head with my purse! That 45 with the extra mags would carry a punch!
    LOL! That thought actually crossed my mind while reading your post!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well I'm hopelessly single (friend zone emperor), however, my best friend (who is a girl) is going to carry my kel tec P3at that i'm selling her.

ASMITH925

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Paragon
    The wife carries a LC9 with a crimson trace laser .She hates the trigger on it so we will probably be selling it to buy her something else.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Bersa Thunder .380, slips "right in a coach purse perfectly".

I would love to move her up to 9mm, but honestly, the speed and accuracy that she has obtained with the bersa far outweighs the fact it's merely a .380. She can double tap two to the chest, damn near as quick as I can with a .45.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Bersa Thunder .380, slips "right in a coach purse perfectly".

I would love to move her up to 9mm, but honestly, the speed and accuracy that she has obtained with the bersa far outweighs the fact it's merely a .380. She can double tap two to the chest, damn near as quick as I can with a .45.
    In all honesty a .380 is just slightly smaller than a 9mm. Not too much lost there. Plus you mention how well she preforms with it so I'm sure if she needed it then she'd be alright.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Legal wife carries a Taurus PT111 Gen 2 in 9mm. Looks like a S&W Shield knock off. She carries once in a great while.
    Work wife carries a S&W Shield in 9mm. She carries religiously.
    Both have their lifetime LTCH.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Girlfriend just got her permit. She is open to on body carry too! So we may buy multiple guns :) One for on body and one for off/range. She likes my 19 but we are going to focus on carry for now. Looking at a shield, and may get a little .380 for when on body shield isn't possible with those girly fashions! I get just as excited for this shopping as I do my own honestly :D

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Legal wife carries a Taurus PT111 Gen 2 in 9mm. Looks like a S&W Shield knock off. She carries once in a great while.
    Work wife carries a S&W Shield in 9mm. She carries religiously.
    Both have their lifetime LTCH.
    Wut? :n00b:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Wife decided to switch to the XDs 45 this spring. She carried it for a few months, but has since stolen my Kahr MK9. She does shoot the MK9 better, and that leaves the XDs 45 unattended, so I am not complaining to much. If I ever pick up a holster for it that I like, It might jsut find its way into my rotation.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom