• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I don't want to start a Glock bashing thread, but when I was shopping for a handgun a year ago I had it narrowed down to a Glock or an S&W MP. Choose the MP because you didn't need to pull the trigger to break it down.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't want to start a Glock bashing thread, but when I was shopping for a handgun a year ago I had it narrowed down to a Glock or an S&W MP. Choose the MP because you didn't need to pull the trigger to break it down.
    It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure on mine I had to. I always thought it was odd, because mine was one that had to have a mag in it to pull the trigger. So you had to unload the gun, put an empty mag in, pull the trigger, then it came apart.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure on mine I had to. I always thought it was odd, because mine was one that had to have a mag in it to pull the trigger. So you had to unload the gun, put an empty mag in, pull the trigger, then it came apart.

jesus...thats freakin scary

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

(one) Lesson: You should never, ever position your hand, or any other part, in front of the muzzle. Especially when pulling the trigger!

You have the pull the trigger on the XD, but not the XD(M). The procedure is lock ope the slide, set the takedown lever, release the slide, pull trigger.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    my m&p 9mm compact has a lever inside the grip you have to get with a tool and lower from above. you have to purposely look into the open slide and insert a tool and move a lever. there is no trigger pull involved. after reading this article, i am glad it is that way.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'm not sure what the point is when people are saying it's a Glock. The gun didn't do this. User error. He admits it. He screwed up. Didn't check the chamber AND he had his hand in front of the barrel.

Whatever happened to treat a gun like it's loaded and don't point at anything you do not wish to destroy?

Read it, pay attention, learn from his mistakes. And what's taking Kirk so long?

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I like what he uses as a sigline nowadays: "Familiarity and prolonged exposure without incident leads to a loss of appreciation of risk."

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    One says Glock, the other S&W. I agree, doesn't matter. One says .45 the other .40. Still doesn't matter.

What matters is:

We should ban bullets from guns because they can cause serious injury when fired into your hand.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What's that they say?

Oh yeah, ALWAYS keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

But then, what does the NRA know?

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I'm not sure what the point is when people are saying it's a Glock. The gun didn't do this. User error. He admits it. He screwed up. Didn't check the chamber AND he had his hand in front of the barrel.

Whatever happened to treat a gun like it's loaded and don't point at anything you do not wish to destroy?

Read it, pay attention, learn from his mistakes. And what's taking Kirk so long?

Seriously! I'm amazed (and slightly amused) at the likelihood that the same people responding to the news of a mass-murderer claiming the guilt is with the person, not the gun ...and with the same breath, comment on something like this being the fault of the gun, not the person. Really??? :facepalm: Help me understand that logic. :dunno:

Is there any firearm in existence that removes the user from the responsibility of firearm safety? People quote the four rules for good reasons: a) they apply to everyone, b) they apply to all firearms, and c) they apply all the time.

Top Bottom