• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    His right to do so. It's protected speech. The "Flag Code" has no enforcement mechanism. It's just a guideline.

The right to express oneself includes the right to be a total a-hole. One need look no further than the political subforum for proof of that.

Nearly all expression is permissible. Very little, laudable.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sylvain you're drunk on Oreos and Milk, let's get back to the OSUT before you get picked up by a JBT for PI. #Acronyms

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    At least he's not flying the French flag upside down. That would be a sign of surrender, n'est-ce pas?

In jest, I'd propose the merely flying the French flag is a sign of surrender ;)

Then I'd have to recant since the French took the lead in Indonesia where the current US administration abdicated its leadership role.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How can you tell if a French flag is upside down or rigth side up? :scratch: :facepalm:

I'm with Sylvain...... I can't tell which side is up on the French flag either.

White_Flag.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    improper flag height really rustles my jimmies. they are so rustled right now.

There is a local to me (kentucky ave/high school rd) Shell station that flies an insanely large flag. TOO large IMHO. its too big to fly at half staff without touching the ground. :(

In fact, I drove by the other day and witnessed what appeared to be a customer *****ing out the staff. she was standing outside poiting up at the flag, which had a rather large area at the bottom that was blackend and tattered, with bits of the flag hanging fron the building. Apparently the wind blew just the right direction, and just the right speed that it dragged across the pump canopy and various mechanical apparatus (hvac coils) that it was filty and tattered in the lower outside corner. disgraceful.

Why businesses think they are doing good by flying an over sized flag is beyond me... If you cant fly it at half staff or it touches nearby structures at full staff, its too big, sorry.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, I guess I'm not patriotic enough because I couldn't give a crap what a person does on their property WITH their own property. Inconsiderate, ignorant, rude, etc...maybe but people act that way everyday.

Last edited:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    unfortunately there are no penalties for improperly displaying the flag.
    what happened to the good old days? We all remember those days. in those days if you did something stupid, the penalty was an ass whoopin.
    Im not talking about the kind you got when you were a kid. Im talking about someone walking up, and bust you in the mouth.
    You know what happens after that? you dont do that again. isnt learning fun.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    what happened to the good old days? We all remember those days. in those days if you did something stupid, the penalty was an ass whoopin.
    Im not talking about the kind you got when you were a kid. Im talking about someone walking up, and bust you in the mouth.
    You know what happens after that? you dont do that again. isnt learning fun.

You get shot, and the other guy claim self-defense at trial?

(notes this was referred to as the "Good old(e) days")

Top Bottom