• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    from the doctor, Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream made by Ascend.
    this is by far the best thing i have ever used and i seem to get it every summer no matter what and this stuff makes it go away in a few days.
    this summer so far i have had it 3 times, once in my eyes even(lots of slow yard work with extra help). the doctor gives me the pills and that cream.
    i quit taking the pills and just use that stuff and it really does, for me, knock it out in a couple of days.
    i do not know any other name for it, but the tube has that name on it and man, it does work(for me).

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Benadryl to help with the inflammatory, and the Triamcinalone cream cited above.

Avoidance is the best medicine though. Surprisingly with all my other allergies, I'm not reactive to poison ivy.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Benadryl to help with the inflammatory, and the Triamcinalone cream cited above.

Avoidance is the best medicine though. Surprisingly with all my other allergies, I'm not reactive to poison ivy.

This !

And i have also used Laquer thinner on the rash to dry it up ! but be careful what part of the body you use this on !

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Benedryl to help keep it from spreading through your blood stream. Witch Hazel will help the topical itch. It's cheap too. Wash with warm soapy water and PAT dry then apply

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you can realize as soon as you make contact... (Yes it's too late now)

take straight Dawn dish soap and apply it to the area. Let it sit for 5 mins. gently rub it off under running water. Since it's an oil, the dawn is incredibly effective in stripping it off your skin.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ok, so we all know that everything in nature has its opposite. In the case of poison ivy, jewelweed is the natural counter active.

I don't know where you are coated but if you're close to US 31 on the south side north of the greenwood park mall, there's a Natures Pharm store on the east side of the street. There's also a store up in Castleton.

What at you want is a Burt's Bees poison ivy soap. It's a mixture of jewelweed, clay and pine tar. It's like $7 for a bar but it absolutely works.

I'm super lucky as I'm immune to poison ivy but my wife is highly allergic. We ourselves are kinda like jewelweed and poison ivy.

Top Bottom