epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    As mentioned in the other thread. ;)

Springfield Champion LW Operator with a Kel-Tec P3AT BUG.

Here is pretty much everything I carry on me, except my 1911 holster is now a Blade-Tec IWB, the big bullet lighter (yes, that is a lighter) is now a plain Zippo, and my cell phone is now a Blackberry Curve.

ETA: I can't vote for both 1911 and Kel-Tec. I also use a CZ as a home defense handgun, so while I rely on it to save my life, I don't technically carry it.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hard to answer this poll accurately given that we got 1 choice and that some guns fall into a grey area, for example is a Para Ordnance with an LDA trigger considered a 1911 or an "other" gun?

My main carry gun is one of several Detonics Combat Masters, those are small 1911 pistols. I also will carry a Para Ordnance "Carry 9" which is loosely based on the 1911 style but with the LDA or "Light Double Action" trigger system. Or a compact 10 round 1911 Para Ordnance Warthog.

I carry one 'type' of gun in that each functions the same way, but I may carry any number of different guns.

1a3.jpg

218-06-04.jpg

1-combat-pair-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Just put 1911

Hard to answer this poll accurately given that we got 1 choice and that some guns fall into a grey area, for example is a Para Ordnance with an LDA trigger considered a 1911 or an "other" gun?

sorry folks... I can't believe I forgot the Springfield XD. I can't figure out how to edit the poll. XD people please just hit other

Is it like a flavor of the month thing for you? or do you carry maybe a smaller gun during summer months?

I carry one 'type' of gun in that each functions the same way, but I may carry any number of different guns.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Is it like a flavor of the month thing for you? or do you carry maybe a smaller gun during summer months?

The Combat Masters are my favorites, I'm wearing one today. However they weigh about 2# while the Para Ordnance guns weight almost a half-pound less.

So if I am not wearing a stout belt or if I decide to wear an OWB holster then the lighter weight guns feel better at the end of the day. Hanging a heavy all steel gun on a lightweight belt, even if it is inside an IWB holster, tends to feel insecure. Hanging a heavy all steel gun on an OWB holster tends to feel like it is hanging backwards away from the body (again a heavy/stiff belt is necessary!) The lighter weight guns pull less and therefore ride more comfortably on lighter belts or in OWB holsters.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The question is framed as if you only carry one! :-)

Exactly the problem I see. It should have been set up to allow multiple votes.:twocents: Because of the Para Carry 9, which is kept in my desk and is the one single gun I've carried the most of that bunch above, I answered "OTHER" to the poll. I don't consider it a 1911. It is probably on my hip about 40% of the time. The other guns are rotated in and out of my holster as I desire, they combined make up the other 60%. So the single most common gun I carry is not a pure 1911 and therefore "other."

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Carry Guns

Depends on the clothing I am wearing that day
    Kimber Ultra Carry SS 45 acp (Desantis OWB Holster)
    S&W Airweight 38 spl (Don Hume IWB)
    Glock 17 9mm ( Blackhawk CQB )
    S&W 39 9mm ( Desantis OWB )
    Colt Special Combat 45acp (Galco IWB or OWB )
    But most of the time its the Kimber or airweight

glock2619

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I pocket carry a G26 frequently otherwise it's a G19 IWB. When winter hits, I enjoy putting on the Kimber once in a while.

Top Bottom