What happened to these guys over the years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What a good story to read, thanks for posting the article pirate.

He probably charges just enough to get by, and they probably have the healthiest town in the State.

TK

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    not knocking the guy but I read the article as:

He has never needed the income, he gets that from the farm.
    He never takes a vacation, or goes anywhere.
    He is still "working", not retired.

Make no mistake this is not his job or profession this is his hobby. Again, nothing wrong with it but you cannot compare him enjoying his hobby with other people (MD's) participating more deeply in the profession.

Like all things, the devil is in the details. My gut says, he is a great guy but it is likely well known if you have more than the sniffles he isn't the go to guy in town.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Like all things, the devil is in the details. My gut says, he is a great guy but it is likely well known if you have more than the sniffles he isn't the go to guy in town.

Yeah, but the real tragedy of our healthcare system is that basic non critical medical care has been made unaffordable because of insurance, liability, and the regulatory system. If we still had the capability to have more of this guy around we'd not be sending nearly as many people to the ER or urgent care places at a much higher cost.

The healthcare system we have is screwed up beyond repair IMO. Not the actual care for those who can afford it, but the entire system gets in the way of providing proper and appropriate care.

Top Bottom