• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Defending yourself, misunderstanding, mistaken identity, or whatever, if you are taken into custody, what happens?

How are you searched?
    Where are you held?
    Are there others in the cell with you?
    How long can you be held without being charged?

No plans, just curious.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Defending yourself, misunderstanding, mistaken identity, or whatever, if you are taken into custody, what happens?

How are you searched?
    Where are you held?

No plans, just curious.

You will be searched on your person before you are taken into the squad car. You will be Mirandized. You will not be trusted, you'll probably be made fun of and you will not be believed.

You will first be held in processing and fingerprinted. You'll do some waiting. Then you'll be asked to take off your clothes and maybe your underclothes in the presence of a few persons. You'll be searched more thoroughly and a bit more humiliating and given a change of clothes. You'll first be by yourself and then you'll join population unless you're a risk to yourself or others or in a drunk tank. I am not sure how long you can be held before being charged. That is different than being arrested.

You'll be given your infamous phone call and eventually fed.

This is not my personal experience but how it was described to me when a friend had a DUI here in my hometown. I'd like to say he has no interest in going back to jail but his behavior has changed little since then. Free lesson.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    You will be searched on your person before you are taken into the squad car. You will be Mirandized. You will not be trusted, you'll probably be made fun of and you will not be believed.

You will first be held in processing and fingerprinted. You'll do some waiting. Then you'll be asked to take off your clothes and maybe your underclothes in the presence of a few persons. You'll be searched more thoroughly and a bit more humiliating and given a change of clothes. You'll first be by yourself and then you'll join population unless you're a risk to yourself or others or in a drunk tank. I am not sure how long you can be held before being charged. That is different than being arrested.

You'll be given your infamous phone call and eventually fed.

This is not my personal experience but how it was described to me when a friend had a DUI here in my hometown. I'd like to say he has no interest in going back to jail but his behavior has changed little since then. Free lesson.

all that is said above is true, but a few things. Depends on what they have you for? this will determine if you will be stripped searched and if you will "mingle" with the general population. If it is something not serious than you can be put into a cell, like a drink tank.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN

How are you searched?
    Where are you held?

No plans, just curious.

This is what happened when I was arrested in 2002.

1. The Township came to my grandmother's house and bluntly said I was going to Jail. Had a Remington 870 and an AR-15 pointed at me.

2. I was taken to the City Jail and waited for the little smokin' hot Township Officer to come and question me. Wasn't read my rights and was charged with Misdemeanor Simple Assault.

3. Since I was on Medication I was transported to the County Jail because the City Jail didn't have a Medical Facility.

4. Once there, a Huge Brotha patted me down and I went to the Holding Tank since it was a weekend.

5. During the night the DA didn't like that I wasn't charged with a more serious crime, and decided to slap me with Aggravated Domestic Violence. Overnight my Bond went from $200 to $5,000.

6. The DA pulled a fast one and brought up another charge from a crime I didn't realized I commited several months earlier.

7. Went to Court and was offered two Plea Deals. One Felony or Two Misdemeanors. I took the Two Misdemeanors as I was trying to save what little Future I had.

8. Had to sit in Jail for about 45 days while the Court did a Pre-Sentence Investigation.

9. Went to Court to be sentenced and got $1,000 worth of Fines, Time Served, and Two years Probation.

10. Got through Probation without a single violation then got the Hell out of Michigan.

Note: I was watched as I took my clothes off but didn't have a Full Body Cavity Search performed on me. Appearently Michigan only does that if you were arrested for Drugs. Watched the Deputies come out from the room one day with a NAA Mini Revolver they pulled from an Offender's Anus.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So you want to know what happens when you're arrested. There's nothing like first-hand experience to teach life's lessons, so here's a homework assignment. Your report will be due on 10/29.

Find a police officer, and kick him in the nuts.

Report the results back to this thread next Friday.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So you want to know what happens when you're arrested. There's nothing like first-hand experience to teach life's lessons, so here's a homework assignment. Your report will be due on 10/29.

Find a police officer, and kick him in the nuts.

Report the results back to this thread next Friday.

Why you gotta go for the nads? :crying:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Where's the part where you either get raped in the the shower or shiv the toughest guy in the joint? I see that in every prison movie I've ever watched.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Where's the part where you either get raped in the the shower or shiv the toughest guy in the joint? I see that in every prison movie I've ever watched.

Inmate tried that with me in the Berrien County Jail. Ended up splitting his head open and breaking his arm. Told him not to touch me. He's doing up to 70 years right now for Torture in Prison in Coldwater, MI.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    you will be searched initially by the arresting officer, then searched again by a deputy before entering the jail. put into a holding tank with other inmates(usually a pay phone inside so you can call someone to post bail), then taken to get fingerprinted & mugshot, assigned a court date, then taken to be strip searched butt naked (bend over, spread cheeks & 3 good coughs(cavity search), peel back foreskin) given inmate clothing and assigned to a housing unit. if someone posted bail for you, they let you out around 4 or 5am, it depends if its a busy night. oh yeah, after being strip searched you go to be interviewed by a medical staff where they ask you questions like are you a homosexual, do you have aids, hiv, TB, do you require prescription medications, are you suicidal, etc.. its been 10 yrs since i got arrested(misdemeanor warrant failure to appear in court), but i still remember it clearly.. peel back your foreskin, spread your cheeks and cough 3 times.... :(

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Those dang movies are so misleading.

Next you're going to tell me that you don't get to have sex with the tough, demanding, but really, really built female prison guard.

I hate to ask, but what kind of prison movies you watch? The kind you find in the "special" section of the movie store?!?! :laugh:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Depends on where and for what you were arrested. Get arrested for WWI(walking while intoxicated aka PI) in Highland the nice lady officer will put the cuffs on you and put you in the backseat (no pat down) when you get to the jail, they will joke around with you give you a brief pat down, give you your call and put you into a cell by yourself with a pillow and blanket and wish you good night. Results may vary.

Get picked up in Gary on a warrant you don't know you had, you will be thoroughly searched at the stop, handcuffed, and put in the backseat by the nice officer. You will then be subject to another thorough search at the station(but not stripped) be told to take your shoes off given your call and then put into a dark drunk tank with 30-40 other alleged offenders with nothing but your wits to survive and to find a lunch bag with an uneaten sandwich for a pillow. Again results may vary.

Other places may vary.

ETA Highland was me, Gary was a friend. I've been lucky enough to never end up in Gary jail.

Last edited:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    If you get arrested for PI in Gatlinburg, The police will make fun of you for being the only one in jail. Ask you politely to submit to a field sobriety test for training purposes even after you have refused one (I had to pee and i knew i was going to jail anyway, thought I would save us all some time). Then they will take your shoes and belongings and put you in a big drunk tank with concrete benches and a drain to pee in. If your lucky (and get bored easily) there will be an attractive female officer working in the offices across from the drunk tank (3 large windows in the drunk tank) then you can turn around so the whole office sees your penis(did I mention im easily amused with myself :rockwoot:). They say they have to keep you for a certain time but if your mother happens to be getting married 8 hours after your arrest, they will release you when someone shows up to get you 3 hours later :D

ETA: They arent so easily amused when you get to the station and your hands that were cuffed behind you are now cuffed in front of you

Top Bottom