• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    Well I decided to stop by MidWest SB to check on some 22lr ammo and maybe a scope for my Charger. This was the first time I have been there since Dec with only 3-4 cars in the lot. I walk in and ask the salesman about a scope for my Ruger charger and instead of him showing me what they had in stock he told me to go home and get on youtube to get more info! WTF! I could understand that if they were swamped but this time it was dead. Ok I'll get on youtube then Ebay...you dumb azz!

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    The massive influx of the ignorant and/or uniformed has tried the patience of our LGS's. I can't say that I blame them, but still No excuse for poor service

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Well I decided to stop by MidWest SB to check on some 22lr ammo and maybe a scope for my Charger. This was the first time I have been there since Dec with only 3-4 cars in the lot. I walk in and ask the salesman about a scope for my Ruger charger and instead of him showing me what they had in stock he told me to go home and get on youtube to get more info! WTF! I could understand that if they were swamped but this time it was dead. Ok I'll get on youtube then Ebay...you dumb azz!

I'm surprised because they work on commission.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I would have said "I asked you, I don't want to search the net, DO YOU WANT MY BUSINESS OR NOT?" And yes, the caps reflect my response as it would have been pretty loud! Then I would have asked for the owners name and contact information and let the "salesman" know I would be calling him or her! (And I certainly would have called and discussed the situation with the owner!). I would bet the owner would have a pretty "hot" discussion with the salesman, and I probably would have received an apology and very good service when I returned to the shop.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would have said "I asked you, I don't want to search the net, DO YOU WANT MY BUSINESS OR NOT?" And yes, the caps reflect my response as it would have been pretty loud! Then I would have asked for the owners name and contact information and let the "salesman" know I would be calling him or her! (And I certainly would have called and discussed the situation with the owner!). I would bet the owner would have a pretty "hot" discussion with the salesman, and I probably would have received an apology and very good service when I returned to the shop.

Not necessarily, sometimes the workers are a reflection of the ownership and tend to emulate what they see the owners do. The owner may very well discipline them but it could be more of a do as I say and not as I do mentality. I've neve seen a response this blatant though but it is a sellers market.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The massive influx of the ignorant and/or uniformed has tried the patience of our LGS's. I can't say that I blame them, but still No excuse for poor service

I have to agree. Lots of new gun owners with lots of questions, but they should still provide courteous customer service.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.

Right on! Get your thick skin on...have conversation, it used to get things done. I've heard this a lot and there is no excuse. Then walk out.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    WTF! I could understand that if they were swamped but this time it was dead. Ok I'll get on youtube then Ebay...you dumb azz!

A clerk at Cabelas didn't want to sell me a 92FS because I told him I didn't have much experience with it. He eventually let me buy it after I talked him in to it. Hasn't stopped me from buying from them since.

A gun shop is the same as any other retail establishment, the guy in before you probably took up 2 hours of the guys time and bought nothing.

We're all human, we all have good days and bad days, get over it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    It's been my experience that the guys who work in gun shops are some of the most ignorant people that I speak to when it comes to guns. The guy at the gun shop is the LAST guy I will ask for advise.

There are of course, notable exceptions but typically I find them to be macho redneck buffoons. You should research yourself, or at least protect yourself by going to Bradis

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    I have been looking online for a while now. I'm just not sure weather I want a rifle scope or a handgun scope with a longer eye relief. That was the point to look through some at Midwest. I really don't want to buy a scope without looking through it... I will check out ZX guns next..

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A clerk at Cabelas didn't want to sell me a 92FS because I told him I didn't have much experience with it. He eventually let me buy it after I talked him in to it. Hasn't stopped me from buying from them since.

A gun shop is the same as any other retail establishment, the guy in before you probably took up 2 hours of the guys time and bought nothing.

We're all human, we all have good days and bad days, get over it.

He "LET" you buy it?:n00b:
    And you continue to shop at a store with employees with that attitude? (or is it YOUR attitude?)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Try being a woman! I was in one store recently and they wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. When I finally did get their attention, he was rude and condescending. I will NOT be going back!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's been my experience that the guys who work in gun shops are some of the most ignorant people that I speak to when it comes to guns.

There are of course, notable exceptions but typically I find them to be macho redneck buffoons.

We know way less than the folks that come in to buy guns...Truly the customers are the smartest and most knowledgable about guns....I mean some of these guys are like prestige level 20 on Call of Duty...

Just curious...Do you let the guy at the gun shop know you think he is an ignorant macho redneck buffoon at the shop or do you wait until you get home???

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The two times I have been poorly treated at a gun stores have been by the owners for no reason whatsoever. At places where I was well known. One place I knew the owner to be dramatic and I loved the shop so I kept going back and the guy was always polite and friendly to me as he was previously. The other place, I have not been back since. Mainly because I think he was just looking to pound his chest in front of his friends and after he realized that he was being a huge dick, he refused to look at me and of course didn't apologize. Its too bad too because the worker bees there are cool guys and I always liked them. I always bought something when I went in there even if it was just a box of cheap ammo so I hope it was worth the ego trip.

There are 5 other LGS and a GM within the similar driving distance and all of them have been good to me even when I have walked out after 30minutes of chatting without buying anything. Incidentally, I am the guy my friends and colleagues ask about where and what to buy. I guess you know where I DON'T send them anymore....

Top Bottom