• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Practiced with my 22lr's. Working on getting another ham radio and learning more. Cleared out some brush and made a nice path to a river. Inventorying all the food and rotating as needed. Over the weekend we did some experimenting with using firewood to heat the house and found that it's probably not going to work as well as we'd hoped. I'm glad I found that out now, in stead of later.

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I worked out 6 days straight, within the limits of my knee rehab 5 weeks out: Walked a total 12 miles with a weight vest, biked 22 miles, swam a half mile. Lifted weights 3 days.

One Fight Nite: drills, focus mits, heavy bag, controlled sparring and then all out sparring.

2 sessions of dryfire; G19, AK, J frame, Bolt gun

1 range session in the cold. G19, 1911, J frame, M6 scout. "Tactical" single bbl shotgun.

Did a couple landnav exercises. I swap UTMs with a buddy via text, place cache and go find it, somewhere in the city. Take pic to confirm. We can only use a topo map and compass. No GPS.

Repaired and repacked my GHB in my Jeep.

Bought some scapels, (#11), and 35 and 60 cc syringes from TSC for my med tub.
    Bought some 5 shot 3M skin staplers to fill some gaps.

Printed, laminated and put together some range cards/patrol base/9line/OPORD cheat sheets for my rigs.

Packed gear into a medium ALICE for a cold weather bugout night this week.

70worm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Pendleton
    I spend alot of time helping out my neighbors. I live outside of town so the best thing for us is to stay put. Being good friends with all your neighbors before something bad happens is a smart move. Sharing supplies and skills as a group is a good way to survive longer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I spend alot of time helping out my neighbors. I live outside of town so the best thing for us is to stay put. Being good friends with all your neighbors before something bad happens is a smart move. Sharing supplies and skills as a group is a good way to survive longer.

This is not a real possibility where we live. immediate neighbors are OK but some nearby will be a real problem. There are just not many around here that look ahead.
    Defense of property is one of our preps.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    My unissued USGI sleep system arrived today. Also am waiting on a USGI stove and new pouch to finish off my canteen set to add to my BOB. Looked around a bit trying to decide which way to go for a new knife to attach to my pack. Looks like I'm going with a Becker BK2 with some sheath mods from ESEE.
    Was pretty set on the Becker, just was undecided because of sheath short comings. Saw some mods and that made up my mind. Will compliment my BK9, and fit on my pack much nicer.

Also picked up a decent fanny pack for quickly grabbing and adding some storage for hiking or SHTF, whichever comes first.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was toasty till I had to pee.

We did a 2 night with the BOB's last weekend. Friday night was a breeze after we got everything set up. No chute just tarps and good bags with a reflective fire and sheltered from the wind.
    Saturday night was not so nice as the temps fell like a rock. Bigger fire and adjusting the shelters. Was just fine until had to tinkle. Took that opportunity to stoke up the fire. Hand warmers rule.

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    Been going thru all of my supplies to weed out what I really need from what I don't. After gathering everything, I'm gonna prioritize.
    I seem to have accumulated so much stuff over the last 25 years that I really don't know what I have. This includes our BOB's. I need to do an inventory of the contents since changing packs a fews months ago.
    Got one hell of a job ahead of me.:D

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Been going thru all of my supplies to weed out what I really need from what I don't. After gathering everything, I'm gonna prioritize.
    I seem to have accumulated so much stuff over the last 25 years that I really don't know what I have. This includes our BOB's. I need to do an inventory of the contents since changing packs a fews months ago.
    Got one hell of a job ahead of me.:D
    Feel free to let me know what you don't need. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom