Not open for further replies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Added my new 1000rnds of 7.62NATO to my magazine with a bag of desiccant.

Inventoried my long term food storage. Broke out the outdoor skills books and read my new copy of American Frontiersman.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hmmm, ran, swam, lifted weights, lit up the heavy bag, rucked.

Finally got back into the gym after missing a couple sessions. Worked wrist escapes, small circle stuff, elbow strike combinations, knees, escape from RNC and some stick work.

Range training with the crew. Small team drills. Set up and executed parts of a flanking maneuver-live fire, low light.

Dry fired twice

Did some bushcraft training in the woods. 3 minute to load up a bugout bag and hit the treeline. Practiced my new HAM skills, built a shelter, made a fire. Walked around in the snow for a few miles.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Reevaluated my winter needs. Generally I try and think of what would my family need if on the move and pack accordingly. This time will be different. I'm getting a winter arrangement setup just for myself, answering what would I need/want for a few days in the winter to be able to have everything I'd need to fight in a bag and maybe be a little more comfortable. Been working on lightweight shelter configurations that work for what I want & need. What will be needed if it rains, etc.

New boots inbound. My old faithful boots still have some life in them, but I'd like to know I've got one pair broke in with plenty of life in them. Old boots will go in the truck.

Wife, kids, and I are still spending time at the gym. Workouts are starting to ramp up a little bit.

Last edited:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    So…I ordered 2 Aladdin shelf lamps. Not cheap but for off grid lighting they seem like a good route to use. They use a glass mantle that works like the mantle in a propane lamp. They're not for walking around so i'll be holding on to my Dietze Jupiter lanterns for walking out to the barn at night.
    One of the best things is their reputation for low odor, as opposed to standard wick lights . The light output is much better with the mantle lamp, enabling one to read or do kitchen chores after sundown. I look forward to trying them out.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So…I ordered 2 Aladdin shelf lamps. Not cheap but for off grid lighting they seem like a good route to use. They use a glass mantle that works like the mantle in a propane lamp. They're not for walking around so i'll be holding on to my Dietze Jupiter lanterns for walking out to the barn at night.
    One of the best things is their reputation for low odor, as opposed to standard wick lights . The light output is much better with the mantle lamp, enabling one to read or do kitchen chores after sundown. I look forward to trying them out.
    We love our Aladdin lamps.If you are new to them my advise would be to run them very low for 10 minutes.They take time to warm up,and failure to let them properly warm up will cost you lost mantles.If you see any black soot at all you are getting to much fuel,lower the wick.

24p08er.jpg

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I rotated and stocked up on some more food stuff ....... I'll be facing the shock wave with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in each hand .:)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I rotated and stocked up on some more food stuff ....... I'll be facing the shock wave with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in each hand .:)

I can verify Smuckers Natural chunky peanut butter is still good 4 years past the best buy date.I tend to eat quite a bit of pb&j and we have at least one flat of best by 2011.I have eaten at least 8 jars in the last few months and none where rancid or off in taste at all.4 Jars left on that flat,then I can start on the 2013s :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can verify Smuckers Natural chunky peanut butter is still good 4 years past the best buy date.I tend to eat quite a bit of pb&j and we have at least one flat of best by 2011.I have eaten at least 8 jars in the last few months and none where rancid or off in taste at all.4 Jars left on that flat,then I can start on the 2013s :)

Air is the enemy of peanut butter. As long as it's sealed, it will keep a long, long time!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We do not have flats of P.B. but there are several jars in the pantry. Was curious as to it's actual shelf life.
    I feel that use by dates are a push to sell more product sometimes.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    What have I done this week? not much

Busy with work and kids

Right now though I'm decluttering a few things and posting them on Ebay. Also continuing to peck away at financial analysis and trying to improve our reserves.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Stocked up on more pistol, and some rifle ammo (.30-06). The biggest thing was to make all my ammo mobile. I finally bought metal ammo cans for all of my ammo supply, and have them marked as to caliber. I have them staged, so if we needed to Di Di in a hurry, we could load it up quickly.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Practiced first aid skills on myself (two cut fingers in 48 hours). Restocked my jacket pocket first aid kit from supplies at home.

Note: flexible fabric adhesive bandages are worth the extra cost. Cheap plastic adhesive bandages usually have inadequate adhesive. You don't need Band-Aid brand, but going too cheap is counterproductive.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Practiced first aid skills on myself (two cut fingers in 48 hours). Restocked my jacket pocket first aid kit from supplies at home.

Note: flexible fabric adhesive bandages are worth the extra cost. Cheap plastic adhesive bandages usually have inadequate adhesive. You don't need Band-Aid brand, but going too cheap is counterproductive.
    I am going to disagree lol.
    I tend to bleed often,and nothing works quite as well for minor cuts and abrasions as Band-Aid tough strips.Thankfully they sell them in 60 packs :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom