• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Rotated winter supplies out of the GHB and put in warm weather necessities. Partially set up a 50 gal rain barrel. Bought a Leatherman Raptor shears. Planted our new dwarf lemon in a pot. Caught a walleye (woohoo!). Bought a couple 2015 Silver Eagles for each boy's birthday this year (still need to find some 2014's for last year's b-day).

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    Signing a lease on a fishing cabin on white river. Going to look at some research as far as safety of eating limited amounts of fish caught. It is over a hour south of Indy so I am not sure how the raw sewage Indy dumps dissipates that far down.

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Switching out cold weather items from BOB and putting in warm weather items. Bringing out my rain gear for the monsoon season that is upon us. Bought a AR10 rifle, Windham .308cal sweet item, stocking up on PMags for it and loading up some rounds to check it out first chance I get to take it to the range.

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat conditioning: weights, run, ruck, swim, heavy bag

3 dryfire sessions, G19, AK
    1 trip to the range: G19, 870, AK
    2 hours of rolling, striking and escapes at the dojo
    1 solid bushcraft session getting in some needed dirt time

Finished Tom Browns book on observing nature and tracking

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Making plans for stockpiling fermented hooch (kilju) this summer. Three gallons are fermenting now.*

* There is no distillation, for personal use only, and well under the 100 gallon per adult in household.

Kameseri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    B-Burg
    Set up my wood seasoning area and have the materials to turn both my barns downspouts into water collection spouts for gardening and other uses.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Took the fam and multiple weapons to the range for testing. Some testing weapons others testing ammo...everything seems to be in order including proficiency.

A family that shoots together has interlocking fields of fire.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Did a 3.5 mile hike, in easy/moderate terrain, with my GHB. I have no doubt it is something that could be easily carried much further with more weight. I will review my load out and see what needs to be changed other than the winter gear for summer gear. I also tested some of my firebugs. They are great for dry wood, if the moisture is too high like it was mid last week they don't get hot enough. I found a couple motor oil soaked paper towel provided sufficient heat to light my campfire.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Learned how to make hominy out of dried corn this past weekend.

I took some of the dried white dent corn I grew last summer, put it in a big pot with powdered lime and cooked it all day on the wood stove. Then, I rinsed it in batches until the water ran clear. We even served some up with our Easter meal. Today we're going to put the rest up in pint jars in the pressure canner.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since last post:

Planted:
    2 Gala Apple trees
    2 Granny Smith Apple trees
    4 Pecan trees
    5 Mulberry trees
    2 Methley Plum trees
    2 Yellow Delicious Apple trees

Dry fired as usual; J-frame, glock, M&P, AR.

Did a 3 mile walk/hike in darkness on a foggy night with complete loadout (chest rig w/10mags, backpack, water bladders, night vision, AR at ready, Pistol owb). Everything I'd take into harms way if I had to go today. Weighed everything when I got done, and found I was humping 60 pounds of gear. Always room to reduce load, but each piece of gear alone is meant to be complete. When everything was combined I had duplicated of tools.

Cycled out fuel storage.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Learned how to make hominy out of dried corn this past weekend.

I took some of the dried white dent corn I grew last summer, put it in a big pot with powdered lime and cooked it all day on the wood stove. Then, I rinsed it in batches until the water ran clear. We even served some up with our Easter meal. Today we're going to put the rest up in pint jars in the pressure canner.

Love home-made hominy. Grandpa used to make it all the time!

Coop area of barn 80% complete, got our fruit trees (2 apple, 1 peach), will plant this week. Dwarf lemon already potted. Got a Stevia as well, we'll see how that grows. Picked up a Sawyer water bottle for $11 at Wally. Caught a couple Walleye (mmm mmm good!).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom