• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OneHarryMess

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2016
    Central
    If the average person saw your ammo storage, and wouldn't think you're hoarding, then you're probably not prepping.
    I disagree.....Depending on your location, wether you plan to bug in/bug out and why there are much more important things on the list to stock up on unless you're prepping for an ammo ban or something.with that said I guess im a ammo hoarder but in reality im addicted to reloading lol. I shoot almost every other day but it would take some serious effort to catch up, every night i sit down at the bench and load load load while listening to some bluegrass and chewing on some stokers!
    7500 various 30-30 loadings
    5500 30-06
    10,000 308(Some of this is surplus however)
    8500 45acp
    4000 357
    2500 45lc smokeless/800 45lc BP
    1000 12ga buckshot
    300 12ga slugs
    And I just got my yearly reloading order, so with leftovers from last year I can load up a lot more where thems came from!

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Added a TOPS piggy back fire steel to my ESEE CM-6, plus some gorilla tape and a bit of para cord (actually the cord was already wrapped around it).

Made sure I had a spot on the CM-6 that would make sparks (the semi-sharp false edge will). I'll probably flatten an inch of the spine near the grip to make nice, sharp 90 degree angles soon.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This week:

5 workouts, 3x three mile runs, 3x sessions w/weights, 1 sprint/deadlift and heavy bag session

1 two hour session in the dojo working throws, ground work rondori etc

2 dryfire sessions: AK, 870, G19 and J frame

Finished reading "Counterinsurgency" by David Kilcullen

Scored some med supplies to layer previous preps and rotate out expired items: sutures, IV solution, start sets, meds etc

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Got to practice my first aid training today. My mother in law fell and broke her arm. I evaluated her injury,
    stabilized her arm, placed it in a sling and took her to the hospital. After spending half a day in the hospital, they sent her home in a sling and said it will heal as long as it stays in the sling 24/7 for 6 weeks.

DurangoUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Logged back into INGO
    Researched some training, hopefully will hear back on it soon.
    Joined a gym, already feeling the pain on that.
    Got most of my electrical needs covered.
    Tuning up atv
    Working on my old truck
    Killing my student loans.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Useful trees inbound.

Garden seeds started.

Jerusalem Artichoke and other prolific edible plants inbound to be spread throughout property.

Electrical work/research for generator hook up and use at the house.

Dry fire practice.

Added compost to garden beds to give them a good fresh start this year.

Keep going to the crossfit gym. It's tough, it break me every time I go. It's also been one of the best things I've ever done. I have more energy all day long, I play with my kids more, I chase my wife around the house more, and I eat like a half starved horse without adding any weight. I started crossfit because a lot of people in the prepping community recommended it, and I would recommend it to anyone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Revised the raised garden bed. Retaining walls to keep the dirt where it belongs.
    Water. Always more water.
    Looking at rain barrels to keep the garden watered.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Got more Israeli bandages.
    Realized that some bandaids that I got are not what I wanted, and they need to be replaced.
    Swapped some items out of my vehicle and some in.
    Bought some beef jerky for a trip and ended up not opening it. Into the preps with it.
    Received my Mountain House food bucket. Got it for a great price ($50) during a 1 day Amazon sale.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Something something ham radio in the truck now. Working on Comms and stuff.

Bought a new knife I didn't need, but used it to carve up the Ham on Easter with the family so now that it's been used it's completely justifiable.

Starting to research more and more into precious metals and their relationship with the stock market. I was tuned up on it, but stopped following. Now it's time to catch up.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    Made 4 beeswax candles. Beeswax from local bee farmer. Heated, poured into empty, metal peanut containers and used cotton mop head strand for wicks.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Got a plate carrier, re organized my b.o.b, looked into solar panels, bought a pare of nvg's....gotta change the oil and belt in my generatorafter my back surgery.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Picked up some cans of tuna, on sale at Menards. Trying to diversify my food preps. Two year shelf life. It will be put into the rotation starting in one year.

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well over the past several weeks, I have purchased four (4) Glocks. One Gen4 21, Two Gen3 20SF's, and a Gen4 19. All at good cheap prices. Stocked up on mags, changed out some of the springs for a better trigger pull, cleaned them up and carrying the G19 back and forth to work and one of the G20SF when off duty out and about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom