• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got 4 primary carry holsters, 2 IWB to OWB. All 4 fit my carry guns (Detonics, Warthog and Carry 9 all fit in any Colt Officer's size holster).

I don't use a reinforced gunbelt. But then with the IWB holsters they really don't seem to be very necessary.

With the OWB holsters I make sure I wear one of my more substantial belts and a reinforced belt would be better yet. I just never got around to getting a reinforced belt. Probably since I almost never use the OWB holsters?

Below are the 4 I use. Clockwise from the top left are Don Hume JIT Slide, Galco SOB (Small of Back), Cross Breed and Com-Tac.

I find that both the HUME and GALCO, which are OWB holsters, require stout belts.

The Cross Breed is very comfortable, but sort of a pain to slip on and off if I choose to remove the holster while I'm sitting at my desk. The Cross Breed can be worn with a light weight belt because the large leather bearing surface against your body stabilizes the holster very nicely.

The Com-Tac holster is reasonably comfortable to wear if it is positioned well, but I find that it takes a bit to balance it and requires a stout belt (forget trying to use it with a cotton or nylon web type belt) to keep it comfortably in place and stable.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    By the way, I just purchased the Tail Gate IWB holster from High Noon holsters. Have not had enough time to get enough experience with it, but early indications are that it is as stable as a single clip holster can be because of the added leather and is comfortable too.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Comp-Tac Infidel with black leather loops - similar to Blade-Tech IWB.

Infidel_ani_sm.gif

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Comp-Tac Infidel with black leather loops
    Just curious, does the Infidel allow you to tuck your shirt into your waistband and cover the gun? I know the Blade-Tech does not. My Comp-Tac, which is a model that has been discontinued but replaced by the C-T A.C. model, my Cross Breed, and my new High Noon all allow for a shirt to be tucked into my waistband for a more dressy look.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Annie, do you find that holster to be stable or does the gun's weight cause it shift around? It is very similar to the High Noon Tail Gate holster I purchased, but I picked the Tail Gate because it has the added leather contact area on the rear of the holster for added stability. I'm not sure if it is needed, but I find more stable holsters are more comfortable for heavier guns, my guns average about 35 ounces loaded.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annie, do you find that holster to be stable or does the gun's weight cause it shift around? It is very similar to the High Noon Tail Gate holster I purchased, but I picked the Tail Gate because it has the added leather contact area on the rear of the holster for added stability. I'm not sure if it is needed, but I find more stable holsters are more comfortable for heavier guns, my guns average about 35 ounces loaded.
    I think you made a good choice for your concern. It does shift a bit depending on what I wear. It happens less with heavy fabric like denim jeans, but I can't always wear those. I think the extra leather would come in handy.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I have a Peters Custom Holsters "Hold Fast" IWB Holster
    USP%20Hold%20Fast.gif

I also have a Prototype Peters Custom Holsters "Hold Out" On Belt Holster
    05-lifted-right.jpg

I also have a Safariland 6004/6005 pair which I doubt I'll ever use.
    A Glaco Shoulder Rig which I might use in the winter, and on long drives.
    and a Safariland Paddle Holster which I don't like very much.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Currently I have a generic nylon IWB that is perfect for small of the back. I have also been using it for IWB at 4 o'clock. I also have a Fobus GL2B OWB for when I don't feel like dealing with IWB.

I will have a High Boon Bare Asset as soon as I pick it up from esrice.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Comp-Tac MTAC Spartan for my M&P / PF-9
    I also have a Safariland Paddle holster for my M&P.

Desantis Nemesis pocket holster and a generic ankle rig for my LCP.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just curious, does the Infidel allow you to tuck your shirt into your waistband and cover the gun? I know the Blade-Tech does not.

No, and Yes.

In its current configuration with the black leather loops I CANNOT tuck in my shirt.

However, Comp-Tac offers different attachments for the Infidel that allow you tuck in a shirt. I have most of the attachments, but don't care for the tuckable one.

Top Bottom