Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Drove the Caprice with the 350 V8
    Mowed the lawn with a 20 year old gas powered mower
    Took two long hot showers
    Turned the thermostat up to 68°
    Ate some sausage that no doubt came from a factory farm
    Used and incandescent lamp to read by

I was going to grill out on some charcoal but it was too cold and windy so I ate some chilli and emitted some greenhouse gas instead
    yelloweek.gif

Last edited:

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I hear ya. I spent about four hours in the yard (did a lot weed eating). Also, I bagged the grass clippings instead of mulching them which left me with 13 55 gallon trash bags full of clippings that made their way to a dumpster.

I didn't do it as an anti-earth day activity, but it did dawn on me as I was tossing the bags into the dumpster that an environmentalist somewhere would not have been too happy. Oh well.

Last edited:

Mint P08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Drove the Caprice with the 350 V8
    Mowed the lawn with a 20 year old gas powered mower
    Took two long hot showers
    Turned the thermostat up to 68°
    Ate some sausage that no doubt came from a factory farm
    Used and incandescent lamp to read by

I was going to grill out on some charcoal but it was too cold and windy so I ate some chilli and emitted some greenhouse gas instead
    yelloweek.gif
    I don't mind good stewardship, but what gets me is the constant indoctrination that flobal warming and all that crap is man-made. Furthermore, the notion that we can do something to stop it with CFL, carbon credits and the like is BS.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For our Earth Day celebration me & my daughter planted some flowers, a silver maple & picked up a bunch of trash.

Oh we also just sat out back & just enjoyed God's green Earth and ate some grilled chicken drumsticks, mashtaters, sweet corn and bread w/butter for supper.

Anyway as much as I'd like to pour used motor oil down my facet's drain or break up old lead-acid batteries at the bank of a river to spite the millions of douche bag leftists who've claimed dominion over the well-being of our planet, I just can't bring myself to do it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Huh...

I ran through a brick of cheap .22LR no doubt lead tips.
    Then cooked steak and potatoes over a good old fashioned charcoal fire.
    Oh yeah I drove my '78 Cj-7 with it's catawhat lack of converter all day.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'll just come out and say what we all are thinking, for the benefit of anyone who comes on this thread and is shocked by our 'lack of respect' for the planet:

Earth day is a total crock. Turning off a light bulb or driving less won't save the earth, even if it was "doomed," which is isn't. While non of us would actually dump a lead-acid battery into the river, It's amusing to poke fun at the moronic ideas of the environmentalists.

Now I'm off to burn a tire.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    :laugh:

I hear ya. I spent about four hours in the yard (did a lot weed eating). Also, just for fun, I bagged the grass clippings instead of mulching them which left me with 13 55 gallon trash bags full of clippings that made their way to a dumpster.

I didn't do it as an anti-earth day activity, but it did dawn on me as I was tossing the bags into the dumpster that an environmentalists somewhere would not have been too happy. Oh well.

At least it dawned on you... that's good right? :dunno:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I went all out for earth hour a few weeks ago, running every light in the house (except the kids' bedrooms because it was past their bedtimes). I even changed the light that has been burnt out for almost a year on the front porch so it could be on, too. Had the TV on, turned up the heat a little.

Yesterday, I didn't think too much about earth day, except while driving home from work the weather was so beautiful that I ran the AC in my car with all the windows open. I also upped my CO2 output by going for a little run. I left some lights on when I left the room. It was a small effort, knowing I'm part of a much larger movement makes it all worthwhile.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I sprayed nasty chemicals at my grandparents restaurant and lit up all 6 burners on the stove, it was so hot in there. I thought about putting all my used motor oil in a metal bucket and set fire to it with my cutting torch

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Earth first!

We'll strip mine the other planets later.

I took care of some foul swine meat. I did it for the children.;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I went to work early, parked, and locked my truck with it still running. Then I left it there idling until it was time to go home.

Well, I thought about doing that anyway.

Top Bottom