• Status
    Not open for further replies.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was driving northbound I465 on the East side over an hour ago. At about the exit of Shadeland Ave., just past I465 Emerson exit, this IMPD squad car passed me on the left (I was in the center lane) and followed a red car in the left land for a long time. The speed of everyone around us was less then 70mph. The red car finally realized a cop was following and got in the center about 3 cars in front of me, at I70 exit. But the cop did flash his headlights or anything. He was patient following behind all the time...

Soon after I got in the right lane preparing to exit at Shadeland/56th, the IMPD patrol car also got in front of me. Apparently he wanted to exit at Pendleton Pike. I left a big gap between me and the cop so another car merged in. I saw that officer got in the left exit lane (there were two exit lanes for the Pendleton Pike). But he moved back in my lane again, probably he thought the second car in front of him, which was a big semi, was going to slow. But there wasn't enough time/road for him to pass the two cars/vehicles. When he was parallel along the black car in front of him, it was exit time. He flashed his turn signal, but the black car didn't immediately move into the lane to his right. Maybe he didn't recognize the car next to him was a cop. One second later when the black was half way in the right hand exit lane, the cop hit the brakes, got behind the black car, turned on his Christmas lights, and pulled the guy over...

I didn't know when the cop had his/her turn signal on to merge into the next lane (NOT their flashing lights and siren), they still got priority right of way. Whoever is in the lane, must step out or face immediate danger of being pulled over for time out. I was the second car behind that patrol car, and the time was about 5pm, just over an hour ago...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was driving northbound I465 on the East side over an hour ago. At about the exit of Shadeland Ave., just past I465 Emerson exit, this IMPD squad car passed me on the left (I was in the center lane) and followed a red car in the left land for a long time. The speed of everyone around us was less then 70mph. The red car finally realized a cop was following and got in the center about 3 cars in front of me, at I70 exit. But the cop did flash his headlights or anything. He was patient following behind all the time...

Soon after I got in the right lane preparing to exit at Shadeland/56th, the IMPD patrol car also got in front of me. Apparently he wanted to exit at Pendleton Pike. I left a big gap between me and the cop so another car merged in. I saw that officer got in the left exit lane (there were two exit lanes for the Pendleton Pike). But he moved back in my lane again, probably he thought the second car in front of him, which was a big semi, was going to slow. But there wasn't enough time/road for him to pass the two cars/vehicles. When he was parallel along the black car in front of him, it was exit time. He flashed his turn signal, but the black car didn't immediately move into the lane to his right. Maybe he didn't recognize the car next to him was a cop. One second later when the black was half way in the right hand exit lane, the cop hit the brakes, got behind the black car, turned on his Christmas lights, and pulled the guy over...

I didn't know when the cop had his/her turn signal on to merge into the next lane (NOT their flashing lights and siren), they still got priority right of way. Whoever is in the lane, must step out or face immediate danger of being pulled over for time out. I was the second car behind that patrol car, and the time was about 5pm, just over an hour ago...

:scratch:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

There is no special you are driving a cop car privealege that I am Aware of... :dunno:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    So why did he pull him over? Do you know cause I sure don't, at least from your post. Oh, wait thats right neither do you, I believe you are making an assumption and you know what they say about that.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thank you for sharing what you saw. Please do not make assumptions about it without knowing the whole story, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom