• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    You're carrying legally at night at a tavern or someplace that ususally employs private security/bouncers.

For whatever reason there is an altercation that involves said security, say a drunk guy makes a pass at your significant other.
    You don't get physical, but the situation escalates.

Security, in an effort to restore order, says you and the other party have to leave.
    You try and explain the situation but tempers flare.
    They then place hands on you in an attempt to "help" you find the door.

Now, I myself do not appreciate being manhandled by a meathead who enjoys exerting his will on people, but what is your response here?

Do you view this as an attack on your person?
    Would you feel the need to employ self-defense?
    Would you at some point remove your firearm?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Leave and avoid the situation. The atmosphere at this place has already been ruined. No need to risk legal action for a few more hours at a bar.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Likely would have left before it got that far.

To your point, I don't believe "bouncers" have any more authority that your average citizen. Assault is still assault, even if the aggressor is on payroll and wears a fancy "Security" t-shirt.

Besides, my wife would have handled the "drunk pass" without my help!

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Ok lets see here..
    1)Don't take wife or significant other to bar-check
    2)Don't go to places I know there will be a bunch of drunks-check
    3)The two above only apply if you have a significant other you are attracted to and don't want to get rid of.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well I think it's unanimous so I'll spare you by not adding another +1. Just thinking of the headline though "Man Shoots Security Guard After Altercation at Local Bar."

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Part of the self defense is that you are somewhere you are legally allowed to be. He is not doing anything threatening and you are tresspassing (not legally allowed to be there).

I do not understand how anyone could see that in a good light...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You're carrying legally at night at a tavern or someplace that ususally employs private security/bouncers.

For whatever reason there is an altercation that involves said security, say a drunk guy makes a pass at your significant other.
    You don't get physical, but the situation escalates.

Security, in an effort to restore order, says you and the other party have to leave.
    You try and explain the situation but tempers flare.
    They then place hands on you in an attempt to "help" you find the door.

Now, I myself do not appreciate being manhandled by a meathead who enjoys exerting his will on people, but what is your response here?

Do you view this as an attack on your person?
    Would you feel the need to employ self-defense?
    Would you at some point remove your firearm?

I don't hang around and argue with them. You should have left when they told you.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Interesting. I expected some different responses since the security guy was getting physical.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Interesting. I expected some different responses since the security guy was getting physical.

If you've (not specifically you, I know it's just a hypothetical) been asked to leave but want to stick around to argue the point then you'd be hard-pressed to prove you were worried for your welfare when he starts pushing you toward the door. You'll likely end up being charged with trespassing in addition to whatever you're charged with when the gun comes out. It's best just to hit the road and find a new bar or go home for the night. I guess the bottom line is that it's just not important enough to argue about and then draw on the bouncer. One should just head on out when asked to do so.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    He may be getting physical but you are trespassing if you have been asked to leave. The establishment has the right to refuse you service and it is their property. When asked to leave and you refuse you are in the wrong. I am VERY occasionaly one of those meatheads but have not had yet to be physical.(thank god they might discover i am a wuss who doesn't like to fight) So far an apolegetic attitude and a firm stand has been all that has been required. I firmly hope it stays that way:rockwoot:
    oh and you had better be very quick on that draw, that's one of the first things to watch for when asking someone to do something against their wishes.

Last edited:

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    It's been many years since I've been in a tavern that had to have bouncers. Having said that, whether it was a tavern w/ bouncers or the manager at the local Chicken Wings joint - I just leave. I find that when I'm carrying my gun - I look for ways to get out of the situation way more than when I'm not carrying.

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    if you need to ask then maybe you shouldn't take your gun with you. at a bar if you are planning on drinking it isn't a good idea to pull out your weapon and possibly discharge a round that could harm another patron.at my age i don't have that problem anymore.

Top Bottom