• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    i know they're cheap but i've bought a couple of cheap barska's off of amazon and am pretty happy with them for plinking. put one on my old winchester 77 and out of 9 rounds I had 7 touching at 50 yards. It has held really well for about 500 rounds so far. If you are looking for cheap I would recommend them. Might be a gamble getting a good one or not like anything else that is cheap but with amazon if you dont like it return it and try again.
    Should point out that I was bench shooting when I did this so its not that I'm that good but that old rifle is.

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    haters gonna hate...
    BUT.... check out some of the NcStar scopes on Amazon (and purchased FROM Amazon themselves) and the reviews for them. I know of several other people that've gone that route, and even though it might be somewhat of a "crap shoot" (pun intended) on if you get a "good one" or a "bad one"--Amazon's customer service is your fall-back, and they exchange/refund stuff all the time.

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I purchased a BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40. I am quite happy with it for a cheap plinker scope. It has an exposed elevation turret. There is 3 different turrets that come with it according to the weight bullet (36, 38 and 40) you are shooting. It has markings on the turrets ranging from 50 yards-175 yards. It has held zero for me pretty well. Before someone asks... Yes I do move the turrets. I have shot it to the mentioned 175 yards and at many many various shorter ranges, mainly none mentioned distances to check out the accuracy of the scope. It's not great glass by any means, but it is decent glass IMO.

Here is the cheapest one I have found, it is $40.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/BSA-Sweet-22-Scope-Matte/dp/B000NJUPAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355280987&sr=8-1&keywords=bsa+sweet+22]Amazon.com: BSA Sweet .22 3 - 9x40 mm Scope Matte Black: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Scope

I bought a cheap Bushnell from Walmart and it does well at 100 yard and in. It also adjusts and holds easily. I do recommend you use a medium paste thread-lock on whatever you buy and use so it doesn't come loose like mine did.

Top Bottom